Yes, you can bake biscuits in a toaster oven. All you have to care about is the time and temperature at which it should be baked to perfection. To bake biscuits in a toaster oven, first, preheat the toaster oven to 400 degrees F. Then, place the biscuit dough on a baking sheet and bake them for 12-14 minutes or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
The Pros and Cons of Baking Biscuits in a Toaster Oven
There are a few pros and cons to consider before baking biscuits in a toaster oven such as:
- You can bake a small batch of biscuits without heating up your entire kitchen.
- The high temperature in a toaster oven creates a crispy outside crust.
- If you don’t have a biscuit cutter, you can use a knife to cut out biscuits.
- A toaster oven can equally distribute the heat meaning your biscuits will cook evenly and be less likely to burn.
- You may not have as much control over the baking process as you do with an oven- Biscuits can quickly go from being golden brown to burnt if you’re not careful.
- The pan size is limited in most toaster ovens- You may only be able to bake one or two batches of biscuits at a time.
LEARN MORE: Can You Heat Up Pizza in a Toaster Oven?
How to Bake Biscuits in a Toaster Oven
Here’s a step-by-step guide to baking perfect biscuits every time, if you’re using a toaster oven:
- Step 1: Preheat your oven before beginning to mix your biscuit ingredients together. This will help ensure that your biscuits bake evenly.
- Step 2: Use cold butter when making the dough. This will also help ensure that your biscuits bake evenly and produce flakier layers.
- Step 3: Be careful not to overmix the dough; overmixing can result in tough, dense biscuits.
- Step 4: Use a biscuit cutter to cut out your biscuits, and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Step 5: Bake your biscuits at a high temperature (425 degrees Fahrenheit) for the shortest amount of time possible in order to achieve golden brown, fluffy biscuits.
- Step 6: Serve your biscuits warm, fresh from the oven!
LEARN MORE: Can You Cook Meat in a Toaster Oven
Types of Biscuits That You Can Bake in a Toaster Oven
You can make various types of biscuits in a toaster oven, depending on your preference. Some variations of the classic biscuit recipe include:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Roll out to about ½ inch thickness and cut with a biscuit cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets and bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
Cheddar cheese, milk, and wheat are used to make these biscuits. They’re flavorful and cheesy, and they go well with honey or jam.
- Preheat your toaster oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir until everything is well combined. Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese until evenly distributed.
- Make sure your toaster oven is fully preheated before adding the biscuits. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm!
Sour Cream and Chives Biscuits
This sour cream and chive drop biscuit recipe is one of our favorites because it’s so easy to make and adaptable. You can customize your mix-ins to your liking!
- Baking powder
- Garlic powder
- Sour cream
- Unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Finely chopped chives
- Preheat your toaster oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and garlic powder.
- Add the sour cream and milk and mix until just combined. Fold in the melted butter and chives until everything is evenly mixed. Use a spoon or a pastry bag fitted with a star tip to drop the dough by the tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through. Enjoy!
Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
Buttermilk biscuits loaded with cheddar cheese and bacon are soft, tall, buttery, and flaky. Breakfast or dinner, these Bacon Cheddar Biscuits are delicious!
- Bacon, diced
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped chives
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Melted butter
- Egg wash (optional)
- Preheat your toaster oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together the bacon, cheddar cheese, chives, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir in the buttermilk and melted butter until everything is well combined. Use a spoon or your hands to form the dough into 12-16 biscuits.
- If you’re using an egg wash, brush the tops of the biscuits with it before baking. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through. Serve warm.
LEARN MORE: How To Cook A Microwave Dinner In The Oven
So there you have it! You can absolutely bake biscuits in a toaster oven and they will come out just as fluffy and delicious as if you made them in a regular oven.
Just be sure to follow the tips and tricks outlined above for the best results.