Looking for the best airtight containers to help you store your food better? Do you want quality food storage containers that will keep your food fresh and keep out mice, ants as well as other bugs?
We have researched and put together a comprehensive buying guide to make it easy for you to choose the best airtight containers for your food.
Also, we have compiled 5 top airtight containers reviews to assist you in making the right decision. Once you finish reading our buying guide, there will be no more room for indecision.
5 best Airtight Containers rating chart:
Airtight Food Storage Containers
If you do not have the requisite knowledge, you will frequently find it difficult to store your food. Whether raw or cooked, how you store your food is imperative.
Exposing food to air for a long period is likely to affect the quality of your food adversely.
Airtight food storage containers will help you in keeping your foods dry, preventing it from developing freezer burn, getting soggy or absorbing odors.
What Makes the Best Airtight Containers?
Before settling on a food storage container to use in your kitchen, we advise you to keep in mind some considerations. These will not only help you in getting quality containers but will also go a long way in ensuring that you eat quality and tasty food at all times.
The material from which a food storage container is made is a critical factor for you to consider as you shop around. There are many options to choose from, and your decision will boil down to what serves you best.
- Glass – airtight glass containers allow for faster product identification as they are transparent and display content. Moreover, glass is suitable for both microwave heating as well as refrigeration.
- At the same time glass does not contain chemicals that could be dangerous to food. Lastly, glass containers prevent moisture build-up and odors.
- Plastic – this is a popular material for airtight food storage. Plastic makes it possible to use airtight plastic containers for many, little storage purposes.
- However, we advise against the use of recycled plastic for food storage. This is to avoid the transmission of any contaminants to your food.
- Paper – paper food containers are mostly used for transporting food as they can retain both cold and hot foods.
- This material has biodegradable properties, a factor that makes it possible to recycle it. One major advantage of paper containers is that they are designed to be leak-proof.
Shapes and Sizes
Food storage containers come in two major shapes, square or round. Round containers ensure better circulation of air enabling faster cooling times.
Additionally, the round interior of the containers works to minimize food waste. On the other hand, square containers maximize space, making them great for holding larger quantities of food.
Similarly, all airtight food storage containers come in a variety of sizes. The size you choose will depend on whether you want to store wet or dry ingredients, soups, jams, fresh produce or sauces.
There are infinite possibilities with these containers. As such, depending on your specific needs, you can either choose small airtight storage containers or large airtight storage containers.
- Air is the enemy of food. As such, the lid of your chosen food container will play a major role in helping you to achieve proper food storage.
- The best lids for food containers should fit tightly, be spill-resistant, have inner and outer seals for increased protection and keep your contents fresh until they are ready for use.
- Stack Ability
- To allow you to save on space, good food containers should have stackable designs. The best storage containers have a nesting system that allows you to safely stack them with containers from similar brands as well as from other brands. Such containers should be easily nested both when in use and when not in use.
- The best airtight food storage containers will not just hold your food and liquid. They will also have graduated measurements to let you know how much of the content is in your container. This will be very convenient as you will not have to measure out the contents.
- Storing and Reheating Leftovers
- Some leftovers require being refrigerated to remain safe. Such leftovers ought to be refrigerated within two hours of serving to eliminate the risk of bacteria growing.
- The best food storage container should be able to withstand extremely cold temperatures to hold your food and liquids while in the refrigerator.
- In a similar fashion, good food storage containers should be safe for use in reheating food. Microwave and oven safe containers will save you the hassle of having to transfer your food to another container before reheating.
- Food storage containers are aimed at helping you to achieve order and cleanliness in both commercial and your kitchen at home.
- Leak-proof containers will be great in avoiding leakages of liquids as well as other food items during the storage period.
There are several sanitation safety standards that certain products have to meet to serve you satisfactorily. Before buying food containers, we advise that you check whether they have the necessary certifications that communicate quality and safety.
Best Airtight Container Reviews
To make it easier and faster for you to arrive at the food container that will meet your storage needs, we have put together 5 top airtight container reviews.
These airtight kitchen storage containers come in three sizes. There is the large 1.4 qt container with a capacity of 5.75 cups, the 0.75 qt medium-sized container with a capacity of 3 cups and the small 0.5 qt container with a capacity of 2 cups.
The containers have a twin-valve system that releases air when the container is sealed off. The containers come with a five-year guarantee for quality and satisfaction.
Lastly, the beautiful design and appearance of the containers is meant to accentuate and complement your kitchen décor.
- Resists odors and stains
- Keeps food fresher for longer
- Truly airtight
- Clear material displays contents
- Small in size
- Leaves some air trapped between food
- Quite fragile containers
- Open is too small to pull out lid
This five piece set comprises of airtight containers for flour and sugar. At the same time, the containers can be used for storing cookies, spices and other kitchen staples. The set includes 65 ounce, 51 ounce, 22 ounce and two 26 ounce containers.
The lids of the containers have silicone gaskets, which help in preserving your stored foods. Moreover, it is easy to clean the containers as you only need to wipe them with a damp cloth.
- Ideal for organizing pantry shelves
- Lightweight containers
- Strong and break resistant
- Easy to use
- Not entirely airtight
- Do not prevent odors
- Canisters begin to rust after some time
- Lids do not close easily
Made of high-quality plastic, the containers in this set are hygienic and safe for storing different types of food. Additionally, the containers are both watertight and airtight.
This feature not only works to keep food fresh but also prevent the loss of essential nutrients from your food.
Apart from the durable construction design of the containers, they also have a four-sided locking system with silicone seals. These could be ideal airtight containers for coffee.
- Easy to clean and dry
- Can store a wide range of food items
- Easy to grip
- Sturdy material
- Contents are visible
- Sometimes lids do not fit right away
- A little small for a whole cereal box
- The top is not ideal for pouring cereals
- Leaks water when help upside down
Made of BPA-free plastic, the container is great for storing both food and liquids. The container meets high hygiene and safety standards, making it a great choice for holding foods such as cereals, coffee, flour, sugar, rice, and snacks.
The four-sided locking system with silicone seal makes the container leak-proof, a factor that enables you to use the container to transport food. Indeed, this container removes any worry that you may have about dangerous chemicals leaking into your food.
- Great shape for organization of pantry
- Proper seals
- Easy to clean and dry
- Safe for all foods
- A bit pricey
- Not much regarding variety
- Difficult to open and close
- The product leaks from time to time
Made of BPA-free plastic, these containers prevent your perishable foods from harmful chemicals. Additionally, the airtight seal and secure clamps keep food fresh and safe from bugs and ants. The canisters are light that you do not have to worry about them slipping from your hands and shattering.
However, if they slip and drop, the canisters are break-resistant, only bouncing back when they hit the ground. The set includes an assortment of sizes; 65 ounces, 51 ounces, 26 ounces and 22-ounce containers.
The same containers also come in different heights, making it very convenient for you to store different quantities of foods and liquids. This set will be great if you live in an area with warm, humid climate.
- Shatterproof container
- No mess when opening
- Clear material displays the contents
- Great sizes in the set
- Metal rings need improvement
- Not watertight
- Not all airtight
- Gaskets can easily pull apart
Best Airtight Containers For You
Based on the reviews we have compiled, as well as the pros and cons of each of the 5 Airtight Containers, the food storage container that is likely to meet most of your needs is the EVAK Premium Airtight Storage Container for Coffee, Tea, Beans and Dry Goods. The containers are truly airtight, making it possible for them to keep your food fresh for a long time.
More to this, the containers not only look great but also meet the required hygiene and safety standards. As such, the containers keep your food and liquids clean and safe until they are ready to be used. Lastly, they resist odors and stains and are available in a number of convenient sizes.
We hope that our buying guide to choose the best airtight containers and our compiled 5 best airtight containers reviews will be of use to you as you choose the most suitable airtight container.
We will greatly appreciate if you can share with us your comments or articles through social media.