Why should beer be kept in the fridge?
Call it a man cave or man space; there’s no better feeling than enjoying the refreshing taste of a cold beer from a beer fridge as you chill out on a lazy evening.
A beer fridge eliminates the temptation to compete for the limited space in the main refrigerator and offers convenience and comfort anywhere.
How To Choose the Best Beer Fridge for Your Needs
- How much storage space do you need? In a fridge, the liter is the unit of measurement and the larger the capacity, the better.
- Style and Design
- This comprises of the internal and external appearance of the beer refrigerator. Some aspects to check out include interior lighting, the shelves, and racks. Also, the dimensions and shape, door and more fall under this category.
- Temperature Control
- Beer needs to retain the original taste and texture. Your choice of fridge needs to have temperature control. Beer fridges can have either compressor or thermoelectric cooling system with former being a bit sophisticated and more efficient at cooling.
- Consider Durability
- When buying your fridge, you should have the future in mind. Be sure to go for the beer refrigerator with robust construction.
- Glass doors should be strong enough to prevent easy breakage. Also, steel finish is a great addition not only to ensure durability but also enhance the looks.
- Although not a major requirement, it would pay to have a fridge with caster wheels. That allows for easy movement as you’ll only need to have it rolling. However, where movement is not essential, you can compromise on that provided everything else works just fine.
- Price & Your Budget
- Your budget will inform your choice of the beer fridge. However, it’s always advisable not to compromise functionality and quality in the name of saving some bucks. Compressor units tend to cost more than the thermoelectric units and efficient.
- Storage Space
- Before purchasing your next fridge, you must establish where you want to keep it. For instance, your aim may be to squeeze it in your apartment, but it has limited space. A mini beer fridge would be your best bet in that case.
- While this may not be a big issue to many, a warranty is a guarantee that the manufacturer offers a quality product. Risks are less in buying a fridge with warranty as you can return it or have it fixed for free if it develops issues within the duration covered.
- Be sure to buy a product with a warranty. Also, make sure the warranty is long enough to give you time to test the working of your fridge.
Top Features of the Best Beer Fridge
- Cooling System (Compressor or Thermoelectric)
- Given the massive number of beer fridges on the market, it can be hard to decide what suit your needs.
- Beer refrigerators with thermoelectric cooling systems work by allowing the flow of current between two conductors and is common in small units.
- Cooling by compression involves compression of the refrigerant molecules, producing a heated vapor. The resulting vapor then goes through the condenser where it evaporates and becomes cold.
- Units using a thermoelectric cooling system are known for the quiet operation, efficiency and occupy less space. However, the cooling may not be sufficient for regions with high naturally high temperatures.
- Compressor Units are the real deal when you want to achieve very low temperature. Besides, these units can handle high temperatures and are durable.
- The downside is that fridges using a thermoelectric cooling system are relatively loud, large and heavy.
- Temperature Control
- For temperature control, fridges featuring compressor cooling system now comes with a digital temperature dial or control that allows you to adjust the temperature by dialing some numbers.
- Construction Design & Features
- The best beer fridges now come with dual compartments and dual compressor cooling systems. Features worth noting include caster wheels for mobility, digital temperature dial and interior LED lighting.
- Energy Saving
- Extreme energy consumption is a problem that owners of fridges have to deal with. Old fridges are notorious when it comes to consuming energy, and the secret is to replace it with one that’s Energy Star Compliant to avoid rising energy bills.
Top 10 Best Beer Fridge Reviews
You don’t just settle on any beer fridge. You have to know what to look for in your dream beer fridge. Fortunately, we’ve made it straightforward for you by researching on the beer fridges on the market.
|1|| Danby Beer |
|View On Amazon|
|2||NewAir Thermoelectric |
|View On Amazon|
|3|| NewAir Can |
|View On Amazon|
|4|| Whynter Beverage |
|View On Amazon|
|5|| Igloo Tool Box |
|View On Amazon|
1. Danby Beer Fridge Review
This beer fridge comes with a simple manual defrosting system and a non-complex thermostat that renders it a high-performing unit. Despite that, it’s Energy Star compliant meaning it doesn’t’ consume much energy.
Besides, it has incorporated door shelves and two wire shelves that allow you to maximize the storage space.
And with the large freezer section that has a capacity of 92 liters, there’s enough room to store enough beer for everyone.
What’s more, this Danby beer fridge with freezer features an innovative door hinge that’s reversible. That makes it possible to adjust the door so you can switch between the left hand and right-hand opening.
Also, the door of the unit has a stainless finish to prevent it from picking up dirt when opening and closing the door. Even more, this compact Danby beer fridge prides itself on having a one-of-a-kind CanStar beverage dispensing unit where you can store large two-liter bottles.
If you’re looking for a compact fridge for your wet bar, kitchen or man cave, you can never go wrong with DCR032C1BSLD.
2. NewAir Thermoelectric Wine Cooler Review
Taking your beer cooling a notch higher using the superior NewAir thermoelectric wine cooler. NewAir beer fridge offers ample storage space enough to fit 18 bottles of wine.
The unit comes with sliding and removable shelves giving you the storage flexibility. Also, the beer fridge features a sturdy construction rendering it highly durable.
Combined with an innovative and exceptional design, it will complement your décor regardless of the place of use.
Adding to the fact that is that the fridge is compact and is freestanding and setting it is pretty simple as it doesn’t occupy much room.
It features robust glass door that blocks the penetration of the harmful UV rays. This NewAir 18 bottle wine refrigerator comes with a digital thermostat that allows for precise temperature control.
What’s more, NewAir glass door refrigerator uses a vibration-free thermoelectric cooling, a property that prevents the formation of sediment. As a result, you’re guaranteed of sipping your beer and wine at its best flavor.
Besides, it comes with push control buttons that are effortless to use. Additionally, NewAir door refrigerator features LED that provides lighting necessary when in the dark.
3. NewAir Can Beverage Cooler Review
Beer is at its best when frosty, and NewAir Can Beverage Cooler offers you exactly that. This fridge offers enough room to store 126 cans of beer although there’s still a NewAir mini beer fridge that holds 84 cans.
AB-1200 126 beverage cooler features five sliding and removable racks such that you can grab whatever drink you want effortlessly. Plus, the cooler has a large storage bin that allows you to store large bottles and cartons.
Besides, NewAir stainless steel beer fridge has seven thermostat temperature settings that you can adjust to your preferred degree. And the best part is that the temperature can go to as low as 34° Fahrenheit.
With the interior LED lighting, you’re sure that your drinks will be illuminated even in the dark. Apart from enhancing the look, it makes it possible to reach the right drink regardless of the room lighting.
Even more, the unit comes with a black and stainless steel finish that is highly durable and renders it highly attractive to complement any décor in your home, man cave or even the office.
4. Whynter Beverage Refrigerator Review
Whynter refrigerator is the best beverage cooler and meets your desires for proper display and efficient refrigeration. It features an active compressor and an internal air-cooling system that ensures even cooling for consistent temperatures throughout the entire unit.
Besides, Whynter stainless steel features interior LED lighting that you can control with the ON/OFF button excellent for the illumination of the whole cabinet. That makes it possible for you to reach the right beer bottle regardless of the lighting in the surrounding.
Whynter Mini beer fridge features an excellent design giving it a fantastic look. It comes with a unique stainless steel towel bar handle.
Together with the stainless steel glass door and stylish cabinet, the unit offers an outstanding display and appearance. Also, it comes with reversible doors, so you switch from the right hand to the left hand.
Also, this beverage man cave refrigerator has five sliding shelves that offer enough storage for 120 cans, 12oz each. With enough drinks in the cabinet, the party cannot get any better.
Additionally, Whynter mini beer fridge assumes a freestanding compact design and takes less space.
5. Igloo Tool Box Fridge Review
Looking for an excellent fridge to keep your beverages a secret? Igloo toolbox looking fridge should be your perfect choice.
Igloo garage refrigerator offers you 3.2 cubic feet space enough to keep your beers and beverage accessible.
What’s more, the mini fridge features a crisper located in the interior so you can store your fruits and vegetables. As such, you can be sure they will retain their freshness for an extended duration.
Besides, Igloo man cave refrigerator uses a powerful compressor to ensure that your drinks remain cold to maintain the original flavor. And despite the high cooling power, it consumes minimal energy.
Even more, located at the bottom of the unit are four caster wheels that make it possible to roll the fridge to wherever you want. When set, you can lock the wheels to maintain your fridge at one point for endless fun.
Also, igloo man cave fridge comes with a design perfect to blend in a man space or garage and even complement them ready to give you an ultimate drinking moment.
6. Phiestina Can Beverage Cooler Review
It’s time you stopped stuffing your fridge with food and beverages. Phiestina beverage cooler is your solution to storing and entertaining yourself with cool drinks whenever you want. The cooler has enough space to fit 106 cans.
Thanks to its compressor cooling system, Phiestina mini beer fridge runs silently. As a result, whether in your home bar or the man cave, you’ll chill out without any annoying noise common with the standard coolers.
Besides, Phiestina beverage cooler grants you the opportunity to sip icy-cold drinks. It allows you to adjust the thermostat from 38°F to 50°F.
Also, the beer fidge features removal wire compartments in which to store your drink cans and bottles. What’s more, fitted in the interior is an LED light that makes it possible to spot the drink you want even if it’s at night.
Besides, for ease of storage and to occupy less room, Phiestina mini fridge comes in a freestanding design. It gets even better with its adjustable legs.
7. Bunn Nostalgia Electrics Beer Fridge Review
If you want a fridge that doesn’t take much space, Nostalgia mini retro beer fridge is the real deal.
Although compact, it has a spacious interior for the storage of your drinks. And thanks to the door shelf, you can store tall items such as bottles where you grab them easily.
Besides, the refrigerator features a freezer compartment that will keep them icy-cold.
What’s more, Nostalgia mini retro beer fridge has thermostat control dial that allows you to control the temperature. If you want even lower temperatures of the cabinet, you only dial higher numbers.
Also, Nostalgia retro compact refrigerator features an innovative beverage dispenser tank that you can fill water or any other beverage. The dispenser is designed in such a way that you can serve your drink of choice outside the fridge door.
Besides, this beer fridge does not lag behind when it comes to the look. It combines ancient beauty and a modern appeal to giving it an elegant yet stylish design.
Bunn Nostalgia is the perfect model for an office, home bar, man cave or even the kitchen.
8. NewAir 18 Bottle Wine Refrigerator Review
Beer is served best when icy-cold. NewAir stainless steel fridge will store your beverage your preferred temperature ready for that refreshing sip at any time.
NewAir build-in fridge has an adjustable creative dual zone compressor cooling system. As such you can adjust the temperature as you please from a low of 36°F to a high of 72°F.
What’s more, the fridge comes with a digital display located in the interior. You only need to push the control buttons to adjust the temperature in both cabinets.
NewAir build-in fridge has a beverage center with a capacity enough for 18 bottles and 60 cans. That way, you can keep your beers, wines and other beverages frosty ready for the entertainment at any time.
Besides, it features interior blue LED lighting that illuminates the inside of the fridge so you can pick the right beverages even in the dark or low-lit rooms.
Also, NewAir dual zone wine and beverage cooler comes with five sliding and adjustable shelves plus four chrome plated racks for the beverages. As such, loading is super easy while access is straightforward.
9. RCA IGLOO Mini Beer Fridge Review
Short on space? The compact RCA beer refrigerator will suit you perfectly. Mini Igloo refrigerator and freezer feature an outstanding design and style that will surely complement your décor.
Combined with the invisible door handle, nothing can beat the appearance of this refrigerator and freezer offers. The unit has a capacity of 3.2 cubic feet with an innovative interior design to maximize the storage space.
Besides, RCA reversible door refrigerator features two adjustable interior racks that make it possible to store different sizes of beverages plus glass slide-out shelves. Additionally, the door comes fitted with shelves and drink holders offering many storage options.
Also, this mini fridge comes with an adjustable thermostat that allows you to set the temperature of the unit to your preference. As such, you can be guaranteed that your beers and other beverages will retain an optimum temperature.
What’s more, thanks to the reversible nature of the door, it’s possible to adapt to the layout of the storage area. Also, you get to open the door however you like, using the left hand or the right hand.
10. KingsBottle Vibration Free Beverage and Wine Cooler Review
Grab yourself a quality beer fridge and get to enjoy your drink at the optimum temperature. Kings bottle glass door refrigerator features a dual zone digital temperature controller that makes it possible to store your beverages at two different temperatures.
Besides, this beer bottle fridge features EMBRACO compressor that renders it highly-performing yet energy efficient.
What’s more, the cooler is whisper quiet such that you can enjoy the tranquil wherever you place it. Plus, the fridge comes with high-quality DC fans that keep it cool when operating.
Also, Kings Bottle glass door refrigerator features gas charge stainless steel trimmed glass door for an amazing display.
On top of that, it has adjustable wood shelves for the wine section and chromed shelves for the beer to suit your storage requirements.
Kings Bottle refrigerator has enough capacity to hold 100 cans or bottles of your beer and other beverages plus 28 bottles bottle of wines.
Maintenance and Safety Tips for Your Beer Fridge
If you want your beer fridge to be energy efficient and to extend the lifespan, proper maintenance is a must.
Always Keep the Doors Closed- to ensure your beer stays fresh and cut on the energy bills, make sure the doors of the fridge remain closed all the time. Inspect to see if something is amiss.
You might be dealing with broken door gasket, a blockage, interference with the alignment of the hinges and or improper level of the door.
Set the Fridge to the Right Temperature- to maintain the original taste and flavor, adjust the temperature to between 34° and 40° Fahrenheit.
However, the new crop of beer fridges with digital temperature control allows for flash temperature adjustments and can go over 70°F.
Defrost Regularly- there those fridges designed with self-defrosting mechanisms. If yours doesn’t, you’ll need to do it manually.
Unplug your unit, remove all the beer and other contents and allow for the frost to melt. You can then proceed to turn the unit on and return your drinks.
Clean the Interior- you need to remove any accidental spills from the shelves and walls of your fridge. You’ll need a damp cloth and warm water for that. Schedule regular cleaning.
Vacuum the Coils Clean- condenser coils get covered with dust which affects the operation and efficiency of the fridge. Most beer fridges have their coils positioned at the back although some models have them located behind the lower front grill. Please confirm the location from your manual.
After that, unplug your unit and move away from the wall. Make use of your vacuum cleaner to vacuum the coils off the dust and dirt accumulated.
Conclusion : Choosing the Best Beer Fridge
Without a doubt, a beer fridge is an essential addition to the home bar, office, garage or a man cave. As such, you have to know how to choose the best beer fridge that will suit your preference. We believe that the ten best beer fridges we’ve reviewed are quality, functional and durable.
Probably you own a unit and would like to give your two cents. We can’t wait to read your contributions, suggestions or and comments.