Since the 1920’s blenders have been making their way into kitchens everywhere, because not only is a blender an excellent addition for the process of food preparations, but it can also save you time spent in the kitchen.
Blenders are capable of doing a wide range of tasks, from making blended drinks, smoothies, soups and a variety of other dishes.
5 best blender rating chart:
However, with the amount of blenders available to choose from, purchasing the best blender can seem overwhelming.
To make your purchasing search easier, we have reviewed the top 23 blenders for you.
Features to Look for in the Best Blender
Although blenders can help to save you time and effort in the kitchen, it is essential that you choose a high-quality brand and model that will perform well with its blending efforts, be fairly easy to clean and that will hold up well with long periods of continuous use.
The purpose of the best blenders doesn’t stop with only making milkshakes or smoothies; you should also be able to mix together sauces, dips, salad dressing, soups and more.
The right blender will be capable of helping you with the chopping of vegetables, grinding nuts and seeds, making dough and even making ice cream.
There are blenders in all price ranges, but it’s up to you to choose the blender that will perform the way you want, while staying within your budget.
Buying Guide : How to Choose the Best Blender
Blenders come in all shapes and sizes, so knowing what to look for in the best blenders will help you choose the most appropriate blender for your needs.
- Blender Quality– The quality of a blender is something that is easy to overlook, especially if you aren’t familiar with the various materials used in the manufacturing. For example, rubber pieces should be made to withstand excessive use as well as numerous cycles in the dishwasher.
- It is also important that the most used pieces, such as the cups or canisters are made with materials that will not break or crack.
- The Warranty– Depending on the brand and the capabilities of the blender the length of warranty time will vary. It is wise to choose a blender with at least a two year warranty, however, a warranty of 5-years or more is the best.
- Hopefully you won’t have to use the warranty, but if you do have to, it’s nice to know that option is available to you.
- Cleaning and Ease of Use– The best blender is easy to use right out of the box.
- Depending on the price range you are considering, blenders are available with no buttons to push or several button options, but the primary thing to consider is the basic options, such as its power and pulsing capabilities.
- It is also important to consider how easy the blender is to clean, including the individual pieces as well as the base itself.
- Output of Heat– Some blenders have an extremely powerful engine which also means they have a tendency to get very hot and possibly overheat.
- So, it is important to pay attention to the quality of the motor and its components, especially if you plan on using your blender for heavy meal preparations or in a commercial scenario.
- Size of the Container– When choosing the best blender, it is important to consider the size of the containers. Think about how large your family is and what size portions you will be making with the blender.
- Some blenders have larger blending containers; some are as large as 32 ounces, 64 ounces and even as large as 96 ounces.
- These containers are large enough to hold excessive amounts of food mixes, which comes in handy when you preparing soups or other foods for large groups of people.
- However, if you are the only one that will be using the blender or you just want something simple for making single-serve smoothies, a smaller container (about 14 ounces) would be the ideal size.
- Container Shape and Material– The shape of the blending jar can affect how well the food is churned.
- A container that is tapered typically creates a better vortex that will enables the food to be pulled down from the top of the container and toward the blade, then back up again, which will leave no food parts unmixed.
- The material used to make the container is important in determining how well it holds up over time. For example, plastic containers may be less durable, because they can scratch over time and may develop discoloration or an odor.
- Glass is a solid material; however, it can also be heavy and prone to breakage, especially if it is dropped. Polycarbonate is a happy medium, because it is much lighter than glass and it is shatterproof and sturdy.
- The Blade– One of the most important things to consider when choosing the best blender is durable blades. The blade should be made from stainless steel, because it will be resistant to erosion.
- The blade should be sealed well either in the base or in a removable piece, to reduce the risk of contamination. You will most likely be cleaning the blender frequently, so it is extremely important to choose a blender with a blade that is easy to clean.
- A blade that can be put into the dishwasher will ensure that it is not only clean but sanitized as well, reducing the risk of bacteria growth.
- Speed– There are some blender models that offer several different speeds, which can be convenient, but you shouldn’t go over budget paying for extra features and speeds that you won’t really use.
- Keep in mind that most blenders with two or three speeds, ranging from low to high, can be just as effective as one that costs significantly more for a few extra speed options.
- Base– The base of blenders should be easy to clean and the buttons on the base shouldn’t be complicated.
- Keep in mind that a base with buttons will tend to get food and crumbs stuck in the cracks, so when possible consider choosing a model that has dials or a touchpad to set the controls.
- Noise Level– A blender without noise is virtually impossible; however, the models with the powerful motors tend to be the loudest.
- Although noise is expected, the noise level shouldn’t be ear-piercing, because the last thing you want to do is buy an expensive brand or model of blender, but not use it because of the noise level.
- Visually Appealing– If you intend on storing the blender on your countertop, you will want something that is not only visually attractive, but one that fits nicely in its space.
- If you aren’t planning on storing the blender in a cabinet, be sure to choose one that is stylish and attractive, and coordinates well with the theme and color of your kitchen.
- Budget– One of the most important things to do when searching for the best blender is to have a budget in mind beforehand. Blenders vary significantly in cost, ranging from under $20 to costing upwards of hundreds of dollars.
- Read the following reviews to get an idea of how well a model performs and choose one that is within your budget and meets your specific needs.
Reviews of the Best Blenders
1. Vitamix 5200 Reviews
The Vitamix 5200 is one of the best blenders for a variety of reasons, such as its ability to produce perfectly creamed nut butters and puree soups without spewing the molten hot liquid up the sides of the container.
It has a great range of speeds and performs will for small to large food quantities. One of the cons of the Vitamix 5200 is that it doesn’t have any preset speeds.
The gasket around the base of the blade has a nonstick coating (PTFE), which may flake off after extensive use. Overall, the Vitamix 5200 is easy to use and easy to clean and comes with a good warranty.
2. Vitamix 7500 Reviews
The Vitamix 7500 has full power blades that whirl around at 270 mph, which allows this blender to pulverize, crush and blend even the most difficult foods.
It makes the list of the best blender because it is easy to use and has amazing power. The Vitamix 7500 is available in great colors, including white, red and black and it comes with a 7-year warranty.
The low profile 64-ounce container makes it super easy to store this blender and the controls are easy to operate.
3. Vitamix 750 Review
One of the features that make the Vitamix 750 the best blender is that it is able to make hot soups as well as homemade ice cream, nut butters, whole food juices and much more.
The Vitamix 750 has responsive controls that allow you to adjust the texture of what you are blending and it self-cleans in one minute after use.
It produces consistent blending, even after frequent use and it has 5 pre-programmed settings that allow you to walk-away while blending your favorite smoothie, puree, soup or frozen dessert.
This blender is made with a commercial grade, maximum horsepower motor and it works quieter than some of the other high powered blenders.
The Vitamix 750 has a low-profile 64-ounce blending container and it comes with a 7-year warranty that covers parts, performance and the shipping to and from.
4. Ninja Ultima Blender BL810 Review
The Ninja Ultima BL810 blender is a sleek, high quality blender. It makes the list of best blender because of its 1500 watts of power, ability to slice fruit into a fine pulp and turn ice into snow.
The Ninja Ultima has advanced controls in the speeds and it has a 72-ounce pitcher (enough to make 9 cups). Not only can the quad blades produce a smooth, even consistency, but they are easy to remove for cleaning.
One of the best benefits of this blender is its ability to grind coffee beans to perfection. Like all kitchen products, there are cons with the Ninja Ultima as well, including the extremely loud noise level and the lid is sometimes difficult to remove.
Overall, the Ninja Ultima is an excellent addition to your kitchen appliances and it serves its purpose, especially since it can replace one or more other appliances in the kitchen.
5. Ninja Professional Blender (BL660) Review
The Ninja Professional Blender (BL660) is designed specifically for professional cooking.
The silver colored Ninja Professional has a 1000 watt output, 3-speed motor, 6-stacked blades and a 72-ounce capacity container, which allow you to perform all of your kitchen preparations at a faster speed.
This blender has the capabilities of producing a perfect smoothie by blending fruits and vegetables to a smooth, even consistency even when crushing the ice with the other ingredients.
All of the parts (except the base) are dishwasher safe, it has one-touch operation and it comes with a one-year warranty.
6. Ninja Master Prep Professional QB 1004 Review
The Ninja Master Prep Professional is a compact and countertop blender that is a home cook’s dream appliance. The blender comes with one interchangeable blade that fits the three-different sized containers.
The Ninja Master Prep Professional can chop, blend and process foods without taking up a large amount of prep space. As an added bonus all of the removable pieces are dishwasher safe and each container has its own sip and seal lid.
The Ninja Master Prep Professional comes with a wide variety of accessories, including a 48 ounce pitcher for blending, a 40 ounce bowl for food processing, a 16 ounce chopper bowl, one 4-blade set and one 6-blade set.
This blender can be used for blending perfect smoothies, making sauces, preparing breadcrumbs and chopping fruits and vegetables. All of the plastic parts are made with BPA free plastic, which is not only better for your health, but for the environment as well.
7. Ninja NJ600 Professional Blender Review
The Ninja NJ 600 makes the best blender list for a number of reasons, including it is the best blender for the money. The 1000 watt output and the six chopping blades can shred through vegetables and fruit as well as turn ice into snow in a matter of minutes.
The Ninja NJ600 comes with a 72-ounce container and it is available in either black or silver, which allows you to choose a blender that coordinates with the other appliances in your kitchen.
The blades, lids and pitcher are all dishwasher safe. The blender has a 3-speed control panel that allows you to control the speed for your prepping and its non-slip base and cord storage allows you to keep it on the countertop without taking up a lot of space.
8. Magic Bullet Nutribullet 12-Piece High Speed Blender Review
The Magic Bullet Nutribullet’s sleek, slim design makes it ideal for sitting on a small countertop. The container is large enough to hold 3-cups of ingredients and the 600 watt motor is robust enough to shred skins, seeds and stems.
This blender is extremely portable, easy to use and safe for even kids to use. The blender comes with a power base, 1 tall cup, 2 short cups, 1 flat blade, 1 emulsifying blade, 2 lids and a nutritional manual with recipes.
9. Magic Bullet Blender Small Silver Review
If you are searching for a blender that is known for its speed, the Magic Bullet Blender is ideal for you. This blender allows you to blend a perfect smoothie in about 10 seconds.
Unlike more traditional blenders and food processors, this blender only requires a small space on the counter or it can be easily stored in a cabinet.
There is only one setting, so you simply attach the blade cap to the cup you are using, screw the blade onto the base and press down on the cup to blend, puree or crush. This is the perfect blender for those with limited kitchen space or small apartment kitchens.
10. Magic Bullet NutriBullet Rx Reviews
The NutriBullet Rx makes the best blender list for quite a few reasons, including liquefying anything you put into the container, including frozen fruit, seeds, nuts and ice.
The Magic Bullet NutriBullet has a powerful 1700 watt motor that allows you to create soups and smoothies with total ease.
One of the best benefits of this blender is that you do not have to add water or other liquids to frozen ingredients, because the blender has no mechanism that allows things to get stuck.
It comes with two cups that can be screwed directly onto the base, which allows you to blend a perfect smoothie in a cup to go. The Magic Bullet NutriBullet is extremely easy to use and the removable parts are dishwasher safe.
11. Nutri Ninja Pro BL450 Review
The Nutri Ninja Pro BL450 is a single serve blender that is capable of quickly creating smoothies that have an even consistency. The 900 watt motor creates shakes or smoothies with nutrient extraction from fruits and vegetables.
The sleek and compact design is ideal for small spaces and the ready to go travel cups will fit perfectly in any cup holder. This is an extremely versatile and powerful blender that can cut through even large chunks of fruits and vegetables with ease.
Like other blenders, the Nutri Ninja Pro has its cons, which include limited blender settings and small content containers.
12. Oster 2-Speed Toggle Beehive Blender Review
The Oster 2-speed Toggle Beehive Blender is a two-speed blender with a regular and high option. It has 600 watts of power and a sleek, metallic finish.
One of the reasons that the Oster 2-speed Toggle Beehive blender makes the best blender list is because of its Boroclass glass container that resists sudden temperature changes, allowing you to go from making piping hot soups to making a smoothie.
This blender comes with a two-year warranty and the chic design looks amazing on any kitchen counter.
13. Breville BBL605xl Hemisphere Control Blender Review
This is the blender of all blenders. The Breville Hemisphere Control blender has five variable speeds, an ice crushing as well as a smoothie setting, an electronic control pad with an LCD time and lighted buttons.
It is capable of counting up as well as down for pre-programmed settings. The 48-ounce clear plastic jar has easy-to-read red measurement markings, a die-cast metal base with cord storage and an easy to remove lid.
This blender has a unique and efficient blade assembly, including a central blade that pulls the ingredients down for chopping and crushing and wide, sweeping blades that help to whip the contents into a creamy, smooth texture.
14. Bella 12-Piece Rocket Blender Review
If you are searching for a blender that is affordable, yet efficient, you won’t have to look any further than the Bella 12-Piece Rocket Blender. This blender was specifically designed to make smoothies and shakes that you can take with you.
It has a high-powered base with two stainless steel blades that are capable of grinding, chopping, blending and liquefying.
An added bonus with the Bella Rocket Blender is that the compact design makes it easy to store on the counter or in a cabinet without taking up excessive space. Cleanup is also quick and easy because all of the parts are dishwasher safe.
There are a few cons with this blender, including that is does best with ingredients that are already chopped or that are in liquid form.
15. Hamilton Beach Personal Blender 51101BA Review
The Hamilton Beach Personal Blender is perfect for those who are on the go.
This blender is ideal for making fruit smoothies or an iced coffee. Its small, compact design doesn’t require much counter space and it is the perfect choice for those who are on a tight budget, but want a blender that creates high-quality smoothies.
The Hamilton Beach Personal Blender has a 175 watt motor which is powerful enough to handle tough ingredients and foods that require long processing times. It is lightweight, the blending cup is BPA-free and the cup is dishwasher safe.
16. Vitamix Standard Blender Review
The Vitamix Standard Blender is powerful, has a great price and is extremely easy to use. This blender has variable speed control, a tamper and a pulse toggle allowing you to produce a variety of blend textures.
The pre-programmed settings also allow for simplified food preparations. The Vitamix Standard Blender has a 2HP motor, which has a thermal protection system and a radial cooling fan.
It comes with a 64 ounce container which is ideal for large batches, the jar is BPA free, the lid is tight fitting and it comes with a 5 year full warranty. The Vitamix Standard Blender is great for all types of blending, including butters, smoothies, sauces and hot soups.
One of the best features of this blender is the self-cleaning mechanism. It has a great design and comes in five different colors that looks great sitting on the counter.
17. Margaritaville Tahiti Frozen Concoction Maker Review
If you are someone who loves to throw parties, the Margaritaville Tahiti Frozen Concoction blender is ideal for you. This machine will make three 24-ounces jars at the same time.
This machine is quick enough to serve a large crowd, the drink quality is top-notch, it automatically blends six different types of customized drinks and it has a high-quality appearance.
The primary con of this blender is that it is really big, about 20-inches on each side, so storing it may be a problem.
18. Dash Chef Series Digital Blender Review
The Dash Chef Series Digital Blender has a 1400 watt motor, which is more powerful than many of the other high-quality blenders. It has a tall, high-end look with a large capacity container.
This blender is available in several great colors, including red, green, white or black, so it will add a great splash of color to your countertop. The blender control is a large dial, with six preset functions; soup, crush, puree, smoothie, frozen and rinse.
You can choose to manually control the speed or you can set the timer and there is a digital display that shows the speed and countdown timer.
19. Oster Versa 1400 Blender Review
The Oster Versa 1400 blender has a 1400 watt motor that runs more quietly than some high quality blenders. The blender is a little over 17 inches tall so it fits well on a counter or easily in a cabinet.
It comes with a seven year warranty, variable speed dial, pulse control and three preset options including smoothies, soup and dips/spreads. The stainless steel blade can pulverize ice, fruits and vegetables as well as make nut butters.
This blender also comes with two cookbooks.
20. Vitamix CIA Professional Series Review
The Vitamix CIA Professional Series is made with the highest quality, premium materials. This blender is a countertop blender with laser-cut stainless steel blades and a 2HP motor that can go as high as 240 MPH.
It is extremely durable and comes with a 64-ounce container with a spill-proof vented lid. It also comes with recipe books and an instructional DVD. There are a few great colors to choose from, including brushed stainless, platinum, ruby red or Onyx.
The cooling fan is great at providing proportional cooling for the motor, which helps to prevent burnout, but if this does occur, the blender will automatically shut down. The Vitamix CIA Professional Series comes with a 7 year warranty.
21. Hamilton Beach Smoothie Smart Blender Review
This blender provides high performance blending for those who want a great smoothie maker without a lot of expensive features they won’t use.
The Hamilton Beach Smoothie Smart Blender comes with 5 blending functions, 700 watts of power and a 40-ounce Wave-Action glass jar that will not absorb food odors, scratch or stain.
The jar, lids and blades are dishwasher safe and it comes with a three year warranty.
22. Oster Versa 1100 Watt Professional Performance Blender Review
The Oster Versa 1100 watt motor is perfect for blending smoothies.
It comes with a combination of manual settings and pre-programmed settings, a 64-ounce BPA-free jar, 5-cup food processor with a chopping blade and a slicing/shredding disk and two 20-ounce to go cups.
This blender has a 7 year warranty and it comes with a recipe guide.
23. Cleanblend Blender Review
The Cleanblend Blender makes perfectly creamy smoothies. The 3HP motor has the ability to completely pulverize seeds, stems, stalks and ice.
This blender has enough power to chop through almost anything and it sells for less money than some of the other high quality blenders.
The blade assembly is made from stainless steel, which will typically outlast the blenders 5 year warranty.
The Cleanblend blender comes with a 64-ounce BPA free jar that is virtually unbreakable and it also comes with a tamper wand which is perfect for pushing down frozen fruit.