A ductless range hood also goes by the terms non-vented, duct-free, or recirculated. The purpose of the range hood is to remove smoke and grease while providing air circulation.
When choosing a new ductless range hood, pay special attention to the size and style. The new range hood needs to be as large as the cooktop if not three inches longer on the sides.
If you have a gas range, install the hood between 24 and 30 inches away from the range. If the range is electric, install it 20 to 24 inches from the cooktop. Choose between a wall mount, ceiling mount, or under cabinet mount.
Choose between a wall mount, ceiling mount, or under cabinet mount.
|1|| Zuhne Ventus Ductless
|View On Amazon|
|2||Firebird Wall Mount
Ductless Range Hood
|View On Amazon|
|3|| AKDY Wall Mount
Ductless Range Hood
|View On Amazon|
|4|| Broan Non-Ducted Under-Cabinet
|View On Amazon|
|5|| Air King Under
Cabinet Range Hood
|View On Amazon|
- How to Choose the Best Ductless Range Hood?
- A Perfect Brand
- Wall-Mount vs. Under-Cabinet Design
- Airflow & Filtration
- Built-in Lighting
- What are the Top Features of the Best Ductless Range Hood?
- High airflow with quality filters
- Heat sensor
- Dishwasher safe
- Ducted vs. Ductless Range Hood
- Which One is the Best Ductless Range Hood for You?
The Most Recommended Ductless Range Hoods: 5 Best Reviewed
How to Choose the Best Ductless Range Hood
Whether you are ordering a hood over the internet or checking out options for the best ductless range hood at your local DIY store, make sure to check the specifications of each unit before leaping on the lowest price option to avoid disappointment in the future.
- A Perfect Brand: Look for hoods by Zuhne as they offer all the right finishes in a wide range of products that are known for their reliability and performance by builders and contractors around the world.
- Budget: Expect to spend between $75 and $300
- Wall-Mount vs. Under-Cabinet Design: If you have cabinets over your stove, you will need an under-cabinet design. Wall-mounts won’t look right or fit in your space.
- Airflow & Filtration: Make sure to look for the specifications on the airflow-350 CFM or better is recommended. There should be both a charcoal and a grease filter.
- Built-in Lighting: This is a great opportunity to improve the task lighting over the stove.Look for high lumens, as LED lighting does not correlate wattage and brilliance like older lighting systems.
- Easy-to-Clean: Your ductless hood only works with clean filters. Ensure the design offers easy to remove and wash filters.
What are the Top Features of the Best Ductless Range Hood?
While you will likely be looking for the best ductless range hood that complements the style of your appliances and cabinets, there are a few functions you should consider before deciding on which one is right for you.
- High airflow with quality filters: Look for a high CFM (cubic-feet-per-minute) number on the fan included with the hood. 350 to 400 will be able to exchange the air in your kitchen quickly. There should be a charcoal and aluminum filter to catch grease, odors, and smoke.
- Heat sensor: The hood should be able to sense when the heat over the stove gets too high and automatically switches on the fan to start filtering smoke from burnt foods. It should also shut off when the sensors detect no more excessive heat.
- Dishwasher safe: The aluminum filters work better when they are cleaned regularly.So, They should be able to be tossed in the dishwasher for simple service.
How a ductless range hood works
With a ducted range hood, the smoke-filled air from cooking is ventilated outside. Alternatively, if you have a ductless range hood it uses a blower or fan with charcoal or carbon to suck up smoky particulates.
Then, the air is filtered and recirculated back into the kitchen. Since the filtered air is recirculated, consider that a ductless range hood may cause some humidity in your kitchen.
The higher the CFM on your range hood the more air it will take in and as a result, it may be louder.
CFM stands for cubic feet per minute. Some ductless range hoods will do the job quietly more quietly than others. The loudness of a range hood is measured in sones.
The more sones a range hood has, the louder it is. Depending on the brand range hood can have multiple features including a sensor for heat, the ability to warm food, extension
Ductless is a good option if you have minimal space or budget to work with. Having ductwork installed in your kitchen will certainly drive up the installation costs.
If you live in a condo or an apartment that doesn’t have access through the ceiling above the stove, you may want to choose ductless over ducted. Kitchens with cooktops need ventilation which will certainly help keep your kitchen cleaner.
The size of your range hood will depend on the size of your cooktop. It needs to cover the entirety of the cooktop area. If you don’t have ductwork or a designated place for your air to be filtered, a ductless range hood is a good solution.
Advantages of a ductless extractor hood
The installation of a ductless hood is less extensive than one requiring ductwork. Ducted range hoods also require an electrician because of their complexity. Ductless range hoods are smaller, easier to install, more affordable.
Oftentimes, they can be installed by a homeowner with some experience doing their own repairs. You can install a ductless range hood where there is no duct located. It can be installed anywhere and does not have the restrictions that ducted hoods have.
The abilities of the ductless model are versatile, it may have a timer that allows you to program it to turn off and on as needed.
Ducted vs. Ductless Range Hood
A ducted range hood draws smoke and smells from your cooking surface and uses a fan to expel the air outside your home through a duct hidden behind walls or in cabinet tops.
A ductless range hood uses filters to remove as much smoke and odor as possible before returning the air to the room.
The Most Recommended Ductless Range Hoods: 5 Best Ductless Range Hood Reviews
1. Zuhne Ventus Wall Mount Ductless Range Hood
Okay, now we get to look at one that has earned its reputation as the best ductless range hood with a sleek and stylish wall-mounted design, powerful fan, and easy to clean filters.
The manufacturer states that it meets all building codes for electrical appliances in the United States and Canada.
Simple buttons offer quickly on/off function for multiple fan speeds and the bright task lighting.
Whether you install it yourself or have your contractor finish up the job, it will look absolutely amazing over your new cooktop.
It does not have a low or night-light option, which can be nice for those late night excursions to the kitchen.
If your ceilings are over 8-feet tall, you will need to purchase an extension for the chimneypiece. The filters are neatly hidden beneath an easy to open panel on the bottom of the unit and the grease trap can be washed in the sink or dishwasher.
- Looks and performance are outstanding
- Powerful fans are designed for quiet operation
- Manufacturer backs their product
- No nightlight setting
- Requires additional parts for higher ceilings
2. Firebird European Style Wall Mount Ductless Range Hood
For the contemporary upgrade, the Firebird wall mount is the best ductless range hood when looking for superior performance in a modern design.
This stunning piece offers tons of great looks without totally blowing the budget while ticking off all the top features on your shopping list.
Its powerful fan moves 380 CFM of air and uses both an aluminum grease and charcoal filters to remove as many smells as possible from the room.
When the grease filter gets clogged, you only have to unclip it and toss it in the dishwasher to restore performance. Easy to understand buttons operate the 3 fan speeds and the two LED lights.
However, when the fan is running at the highest setting it can be very loud and the lights are not as bright as you might need.
The chimneypiece is modular so you can add extra height for tall ceilings.
There is no heat sensor.
Some users have reported problems reaching customer service and there is no mention of a warranty, so you may struggle to get a defective unit repaired.
- Beautiful stainless steel contemporary design
- High airflow rating of up to 380 CFM
- Easy to clean filter
- Customer service may be a problem
- LED lights are not as bright as they should be
- Fan is noisy at highest setting
3. AKDY Wall Mount Ductless Range Hood
The AKDY has all the features you might look for in a great hood, but unfortunately, its performance does not stand up to its specs.
You might think it is the best ductless range hood with its 400CFM, 4-speed fan, and brilliant LED lights, but if you check with its users most of them are thoroughly disappointed with the purchase.
This ductless range hood is stainless steel and sports a very contemporary, angular design that works well with the latest is kitchen decor.
It is able to fit ceilings up to 10-feet tall with an additional chimneypiece extension, but now for the reality check.
Its construction is subpar with poorly welded joints, filters that don’t align with their mounting points, and wall brackets that don’t work with standard 16-inch stud home construction.
you spent the same money as a better unit but end up with one that you can’t even mount properly in your home.
Don’t waste your money.
- Strong fan
- Excellent lighting
- Poorly built
- Can’t install it properly
4. Broan Non-Ducted Under-Cabinet Range Hood
If you are upgrading to a new stainless stove and want to switch out your old range hood on a budget, the Broan under-cabinet hood is the best ductless range hood to meet all your basic requirements.
They also offer the unit in a variety of designer finishes. It features a 75-watt light, providing tons of light for cooking.
Simple controls offer a high and low-speed fan, but only has a rating of 180 CFM.
This ductless range good has only a charcoal filter that you cannot clean, so you will be replacing it every six months for the best performance.
- Low affordable price
- Multiple finishes to match your decor
- Easy-to-Use Controls
- Low airflow rating
- Only a replaceable charcoal filter
- No automatic sensors
5. Air King Advantage Ductless Under Cabinet Range Hood
Sometimes you simply need a hood that will perform as expected while keeping your budget in control.
The Air King Advantage is the best ductless range hood for under-cabinet installation that works with your current decor and doesn’t require a major investment.
It features classic styling found in many homes and apartments across the nation.
it is not the most powerful unit with a rating of 180 CFM and uses a combination of charcoal/grease filter that requires replacement instead of washing.
It uses a standard 60-watt bulb and has two light settings. It is simple and will answer your need for a ductless under cabinet range hood without fuss.
- Works with most kitchen designs and decor
- Great for apartments
- Low airflow rating
- Filter is not washable
Which One is the Best Ductless Range Hood for You?
We have checked out a variety of products in our ductless range hood reviews. Now, which one is the Best Ductless Range Hood that will outperform your expectations in style and function?
Go with the Zuhne Ventus Wall Mount Ductless Range Hood for your kitchen remodel.
If you need a simple ductless hood that will fit in with your traditional kitchen, save a few dollars when you opt for the Air King Advantage Ductless Under Cabinet Range Hood.
We hope that you have enjoyed reading our best ductless range rood reviews and buying guide and it has helped you find the ductless hood perfect for your home.
Please share your experiences and thoughts about these products with your friends on social media or in the comments section below.
How To Clean Ductless Range Hood
Dirt and smoke can build
Filter replacement should take place at least once or twice per year. While it might seem like a good idea at first to clean the filters themselves, don’t attempt to clean carbon filters.
They should be removed completely and replaced. It’s relatively easy to see exactly where the dirt is on the range hood. You’ll see a dull shine build up from grease or you may see little specks dark smoke that can be wiped with a kitchen towel moist with cleaner