|1|| Cuisinart CEK-40
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
|3|| Black & Decker EK
700 Slice Right Electric Knife
|View On Amazon|
|4|| Elite Cuisine EK-570B Maxi-Matic Electric
Knife with 2 Serrated Blades
|View On Amazon|
|5|| Hamilton Beach 74250 Carve
'n Set Electric Knife
|View On Amazon|
After spending hours preparing and cooking the Thanksgiving turkey or Christmas ham, if you are like me the last thing you want to do is spend more time (as well as muscle power) carving the meat.
to make this part of meal preparations quicker and easier, I made the decision to invest in a electric carving knife.
During my quest to find the best electric carving knife, not only did I find that there are a number of options to choose from, but that electric meat carving knife can also be used to carve/cut bread, vegetables, and even hard cheese.
I have compiled the information I discovered about the most popular electric carving knives to help you find the best one for your needs as well as some tips and information to help you get started using this amazing kitchen tool.
The Most Recommended Electric Carving Knives: 5 Best Reviewed
What is an electric carving knife?
Carving meat is often a time-consuming and even difficult task and for people who have arthritis or cannot put a great deal of strength into carving meat, it is even more difficult.
An electric carving knife is a kitchen tool that automates the cutting process for you. You have to guide the knife, but it basically does all of the cutting for you.
They are available in a variety of popular brands and you can choose one with a cord or a cordless rechargeable electric carving knife.
Electric knives are made to come apart, which makes them easier to store, but putting the electric knife together for use is quick and easy.
You simply insert the blade you need into the slot, according to the manufacturer’s instructions, make sure the blade is locked into place then turn the knife on.
The power source make the blades move, making it possible to effortlessly cut through almost any type of meat
Electric Carving Knife Benefits
Unlike using a traditional knife that requires muscle power, time and energy cutting and carving are faster and more efficient with an electric carving knife.
The blades on both corded and cordless electric knives move very fast which allows you faster slicing. An electric knife gives you precise slices of meats, bread and vegetables.
They are ideal for people who have arthritis and other problems that may cause hands to get sore when using a traditional knife to slice meat or bread.
How To Choose The Best Electric Carving Knife
When looking for the best electric carving knife there are several features to look for, including which type of blade is the best suited for your specific needs. Some of the things you should look for include:
When it comes to electric meat carving knife, two sets of blades are the best option. Many brands come with a longer blade, which is used for slicing meats and a shorter blade, which is typically used for bread and vegetables.
You will also have the option of an attached blade or detachable blades, but the detachable blades are the easiest to clean. You should also look for high-quality stainless steel blades to prevent tarnishing or warping over time.
If you plan on using your electric carving knife for things other than the Thanks giving turkey or your Christmas ham, you may want to consider an electric knife that has variable speed controls.
Variable speeds will allow you to slow down or increase the speed of the blade.
The best electric carving knives have safety features that include a locking trigger, which make it difficult for children to use the knife. It is also recommended that you buy an electric knife that fits comfortably in your hand.
some double-trigger electric carving knives are difficult to use if you have large hands.
It is also recommended that you buy an electric knife that fits comfortably in your hand.
Cord or cordless
If you prefer an electric knife that plugs into an outlet, you should look for one that has a swivel cord and the cord should be at least 36-inches long.
If you want a cordless electric knife, the best cordless electric carving knife should not only come with batteries, but batteries that are rechargeable and that hold a lengthy charge.
There are several different types of electric carving knives available on Amazon, so choosing the right one for your specific carving and cutting needs doesn’t need to be difficult.
The Most Recommended Electric Carving Knives: 5 Best Electric Carving Knife Reviews
To help narrow down your options, here are the best electric carving knives I found to have the highest ratings from other customers and the best features and options:
The highest rating electric carving knife
1) Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife
When it comes to the best electric meat carving knife, the Cuisinart CEK-40 is the Cadillac of electric knives. It is one of the highest rating carving knives on Amazon as well as a variety of other cooking websites and “mom” blogs.
- A stainless steel carving blade that allows you to carve ridge-free slices of meat.
- It comes with a wooden display board that is used to house the knife as well as all of the accessories when you aren’t using it.
- The Cuisinart CEK-40 comes with a 3-year warranty, which is better than many other brands.
- The blades are dishwasher safe and it is also easy to clean when washing by hand.
- Powerful 120V motor and an ergonomically designed handle, which is perfect if you have arthritis or other problems with strength in your hands.
- The on trigger button is easy to squeeze. The con is there isn’t a locking mechanism for the trigger, but it is easy to squeeze during the entire time you are using it.
- The electrical cord is 4-foot long, so you have plenty of room to carve or cut, without worrying about the cord being to short.
The best Comfortable Electric Curving Knife
2) NutriChef Electric Knife
The NutriChef electric carving knife doesn’t look like a standard electric knife in that many electric knives have a single, long handle. The NutriChef Electric Cutting & Carving Knife has a grip design that resembles the look of a mini vacuum, so it is extremely to hold and handle.
- Two 8.9 inch stainless steel blades that is extremely sharp. There is a blade that is perfect for carving and slicing turkey, chicken, roasts, steak and pork loin as well as one for slicing bread or vegetables.
- Two easy to squeeze triggers; one for the safety lock, which is located under the grip and the squeeze trigger to start the knife is on top of the grip. There is also a button on the front to release the blades.
- Both blades come apart easily and they are easy to clean.
- One of the things that make the NutriChef one of the best electric carving knives is the ergonomic handle and it has a stain resistant housing.
- The power cord length is 3.4 feet and it has 120V of power.
The best dishwasher safe Electric Carving Knife
3) Black & Decker EK 700 Slice Right Electric Knife
Black and Decker is well known for its quality tools, both in the kitchen and out, and their electric carving knife lives up to their reputation.
Some electric carving knives are made cheaply, which poses a risk to you as the user, but this is one of the best electric carving knives on the market.
The primary cons with this electric knife is that some of the internal parts are made from plastic, so it will overheat if you use it continuously for long periods of time.
- A solid lock that keeps the blades securely in place
- A modern, contoured ergonomic grip
- Stainless steel blades that are dishwasher safe
- Nonslip tabs that enable easy blade removal
- Cuts thin or thick slices with precision
The best eclectic curving knife for foam or matting
4) Elite Cuisine EK-570B Maxi-Matic Electric Knife with 2 Serrated Blades
If you are looking for a quality, yet inexpensive electric craving knife, the MaxiMatic Elite Cuisine electric knife is an ideal choice. This electric knife is definitely a “no-frills” version, but it does have excellent reviews and it means you will be getting quality for an inexpensive price.
- This electric knife is actually the best electric carving knife for those who are searching for an electric knife to use for cutting high-density foam or matting.
- It does a great job on cheese, bread, and meat.
- It does have a 10-inch stainless steel blade and a bottom mounted squeeze button.
- It does not have a locking function, but it is easy to use for people with small hands.
- If you intend to use this knife for carving meats, it is best to use it for boneless meats, such as roasts or chicken breasts.
The best low budget Electric Curving Knife
5) Hamilton Beach 74250 Carve ‘n Set Electric Knife
The Hamilton Beach Carve n Set electric carving knife with case is one of the lower priced electric carving knives, but it is a quality knife for the price.
One of things that makes this one of the best electric carving knives on the market is that it comes with a carving fork as well as the blade. It also comes with a case, which makes it easier to store in a drawer when not in use.
The primary con with this electric knife is that the button to release the blades are on the top (where you would typically put your thumb).
- The ergonomic design fits comfortable, even in large hands
- The stainless steel blade is 7.5 inches long
- Easy to grasp on and off switch
- Excellent cutting quality
- Carves meat as well as slices bread quickly and easily
What’s the best electric carving knife?
The information we have provided above shows you the features to look for when shopping for the best electric carving knife. We have based our reviews on the features as well as customer reviews and the brand popularity.
Any of the five choices above will make a great addition to your kitchen tools.
Although electric carving knives are not a necessity, they are extremely convenient and make your meal preparations much quicker and easier.