|1|| Spring Chef Vegetable Peelers for Potato, Carrot, Apple, Citrus,
3 piece Set - Stainless Steel Swivel, Serrated, Julienne Blade
|View On Amazon|
|2||Classic Swiss Peeler, Carbon Steel
Blade, Stainless Steel Handle
|View On Amazon|
|3|| Starfrit 93209 Rotato
Express - Electric Peeler
|View On Amazon|
|4|| OXO 21081 Good
Grips Y Peeler
|View On Amazon|
|5|| UtenLid Apple and Potato Peeler, Corer,
and Slicer With Suction Base
|View On Amazon|
Most people don’t realize the importance of a good potato peeler until they’re stuck somewhere without one. Having to use a bad potato peeler is even more frustrating – they don’t peel, they’re unwieldy, and they have a great potential to cut your fingers and draw blood.
It’s reassuring to know that good potato peelers do exist in this world, and that you can be the proud owner of one – or several!
Different peelers have different features. How do you pick the very best potato peeler for you?Depending on what your particular needs are, you might be looking for something that will serve the bill for peeling potatoes and vegetables in your home.
On the other hand, you could be a professional chef, and need an electric peeler that will be up to the challenge of peeling thousands of potatoes.
We’ve compiled a list of the top 5 best potato peelers, and what you should look for in a potato peeler before purchasing one.
Ranging from the highest-rated features all the way to those features that most users don’t care for, this list will leave you feeling confident in buying the perfect potato peeler for you.
The Most Recommended Potato Peelers: 5 Best Reviewed
- Spring Chef Vegetable Peelers for Potato, Carrot, Apple, Citrus, 3 piece Set – Stainless Steel Swivel, Serrated, Julienne Blade
- Classic Swiss Peeler, Carbon Steel Blade, Stainless Steel Handle
- Starfrit 93209 Rotato Express – Electric Peeler
- OXO 21081 Good Grips Y Peeler
- UtenLid Apple and Potato Peeler, Corer, and Slicer With Suction Base
What Makes The Best Potato Peeler The Best?
You need a potato peeler – that part is easy.
But think about what qualities will make cleanup easier? What about simplifying your cooking routine?
Here is the deal,
If you know that you’ll be peeling spuds for thousands, then don’t look for the simplest hand peeler. Choose an ergonomic electric peeler instead.
Can It Be Used For More Than Just Peeling Potatoes?
Would you consider a potato peeler to be the best if it only peeled carrots, potatoes, and apples?
Of course not!
The best peelers can slice uniform strips of vegetables and fruits that will cook evenly.
It can also make vegetable pasta strands, or perhaps shaved chocolate curls perfect for cake decorating. You can use your imagination.
Cleanup Should Be Simple
Your potato peeler should be easy to clean – either with a sudsy damp cloth, or choose one that is dishwasher safe.
Should My Peeler Be Expensive?
If you’re choosing an electric peeler, or a peeler that also has a slicer and corer, then naturally it will be more than a hand-held peeler.
But keep in mind that the cheapest peeler will not function as well or as long as a moderately priced peeler.
Does Your Peeler Do The Job?
The bottom Line,
If your potato peeler peels smoothly, if it has a good eyer, if it’s durably made, if it has a comfortable handle, and if it is solidly constructed, then you’ve chosen the perfect potato peeler for you!
How to Choose the Best Potato Peeler?
When searching for the best potato peeler for you, it first comes down to your special peeling needs.
peeling potatoes is a simple process, but having to perfect potato peeler that functions exactly the way you want it to – that’s when you might want to consider the following factors:
- Ease of use – If you’re a busy cook who would like to peel veggies, fruits and potatoes by simply pushing a button, then an electric potato peeler might be right for you.
- Stainless steel blades – If you’ll be using your potato peeler frequently, then you’ll want to have one that has stainless steel blades.
Stainless steel resists corrosion and rust, they’re durable, look good, and are recyclable.
- Utility versus fanciness – If looks are important to you, you might want to choose a peeler that will look good sitting out on the counter or one that will impress visitors. If utility is your top priority, then a simple peeler that resides in your silverware drawer might be just the ticket.
- Multifunctional – If all you need is a simple peeler, then that’s what you should buy. But if you want a peeler that can also serve as a slicer or a corer, then you’ll want to look for a peeler that can do several different functions.
- Durability – A good potato peeler should be able to last for a very long time. It should have a minimum of parts, won’t rust, be dishwasher safe, and clean up easily.
The Most Recommended Potato Peelers: 5 Best Potato Peeler Reviews
We have chosen 5 best potato peelers for you to take a look at. Each peeler will have its pros and cons listed. At the end of this section, we’ll tell you which potato peeler we chose as the very best one.
1) Spring Chef Vegetable Peelers for Potato, Carrot, Apple, Citrus, 3 piece Set – Stainless Steel Swivel, Serrated, Julienne Blade
This beautiful two piece peeler set (a Y swivel and a straight peeler) are efficient, durable and stylish. Use the Y peeler for long, straight strips of potatoes, carrots, and cucumbers. The straight peeler is better with rounded and curved surfaces like apples.
These sharp blades come with sleek, comfortable handles. Each peeler has a convenient, safe potato-eye remover, that easily removes blemishes on vegetables and fruits.
Handles are brushed metal finish, dishwasher safe, and have a lifetime warranty.
- Made of high-quality stainless steel which will last forever
- Extremely effective, good for handicapped people, and very reasonably prices
- Vertical and horizontal peelers are the best kitchen utensils ever
- Chipped immediately
- Inferior quality and neither peeler functions correctly
- Works as expected but perhaps too sharp
2) Classic Swiss Peeler, Carbon Steel Blade, Stainless Steel Handle
This peeler is made in Switzerland, will never dull or tarnish and has a lifetime warranty. It makes stir fry, healthy snacks, apple, carrot and squash salads, cheese, and potato peeling easy.
- Swiss quality tool
- Slices cheese wafer thin
- Great for people with arthritis
- Peels worse than a butter knife
- Went straight into the trash
- Blunt and uncomfortable
3) Starfrit 93209 Rotato Express – Electric Peeler Review
This electric peeler peels and pares a potato in just 10 seconds flat. It peels potatoes, kiwis, radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes, apples, onions, pears, turnips, and peaches.
This peeler peels only the skin and doesn’t waste any other part of the vegetable. Its simple operation can be done even by a child. It has a non-slip base which keeps it securely on the work surface or counter.
It also comes with a small plastic knife, which can be stored under its base. It’s made of long-lasting ABS plastic, can operate either with a 6 Volt electrical adaptor or with batteries.
It’s more hygienic than peeling by hand, and the machine cleans simply using a sudsy damp cloth.
- Cleanup is a snap because all peelings go directly into the trash
- Peels about 30 pounds of potatoes a week, and there is no potato waste
- Plugs in directly from the box and takes only about 15 seconds per potato to peel
- The plastic clips that the blades are attached to are flimsy, and the blades pop out
- Cheap construction and poor quality
- Blade dulled after peeling three potatoes
4) OXO 21081 Good Grips Y Peeler
The OXO Good Grips Y Peeler has sharp stainless steel blades for easy peeling, a comfortable plastic handle, no matter how often the repetitive peeling action, and a built-in potato eyer, which carves out blenishes easily without digging.
The blades contour to practically any surface shape and are good for peeling tougher-skinned fruits. This peeler is part of a line of high quality peelers including a swivel peeler, a serrated peeler, and a Julienne peeler.
This peeler is ergonomically designed, fitting the palm softly and comfortable, and the processed rubber handle is pressure absorbing, putting less tension of hands.
The handles are also slip-proof dry or wet, and are dishwasher safe. This peeler has won a design award from the Tylenol / Arthritis Foundation.
- Cuts through cucumber skin and potatoes like butter
- Good Grips handle a delight for those people with carpal tunnel syndrome or arthritis
- Very sharp and fits perfectly in small hands
- Stopped being sharp after two months
- Non-traditional design is awkward
- Edge tip is inadequate for cutting out any bad spots or de-eying potatoes
5) UtenLid Apple and Potato Peeler, Corer, and Slicer With Suction Base
This peeler and corer is ideal for canning, making pies, salads, and everyday kitchen use. It’s constructed of strong cast-iron that’s been coated with enamel, and has a chrome shaft and stainless steel blades.
The hardy suction base keeps the unit securely in place on any non-porous, smooth surface. This classically designed kitchen wonder makes it simple to peel, slice or core potatoes or apples, and will give many years of problem-free service.
- Spiral slices, cores and peels at the same time, following perfectly the fruit’s contour
- Makes dehydrating a simple task, and apple pie is now a breeze to make
- Construction is very solid and the suction base operates flawlessly
- This machine wasted a lot of apples, perhaps because the instructions were horrific
- Suction base broke off completely and made it impossible to use
- Completely useless instructions
Which One is the Best Potato Peeler?
The clear winner in this contest is the two piece Spring Chef Vegetable Stainless Steel Peeler Set. Its two different blades are sharp, comfortable, and will never rust.
The built-in potato eye remover works fantastically. These peelers are high quality, beautiful to look at (brushed metal finish) and are dishwasher safe. They come with a lifetime warranty.
We hope that this top 5 potato peeler review and buying guide has been of use to you. We would appreciate it if you shared this article or comments via social media.
Related: 5 Buys For The Best Lemon Zester