|1|| Broan F403023 Two-Speed Four-Way
Convertible Range Hood
|View On Amazon|
|2||Broan 403004 30 In.
Stainless Steel Ducted Range Hood
|View On Amazon|
|3|| BV Stainless Steel 30″ Under
Cabinet High Airflow Ducted Range Hood
|View On Amazon|
|4|| Cosmo Ducted Under
Cabinet Range Hood
|View On Amazon|
|5|| Winflo Under Cabinet Stainless Steel
Ducted Kitchen Range Hood
|View On Amazon|
The most common of the range hoods is the under cabinet models which are not just compatible with every design but are also quite affordable in comparison to other types.
As the name suggests these are typically installed under the cabinets so that your cabinets are not spoiled by the smoke and dust from cooking.
The market has plenty of models and choosing the best under cabinet range hood requires a little research.
The purpose of this article is to provide you a reference to the factors to consider when buying an under cabinet range hood and also to give you a little insight into 10 of the best models in the market.
- Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Under Cabinet Range Hood
- Duct or duct free
- The speed of the fan
- The size of the hood
- The level of CFM
- Auto timer
- Which Is The Best Best Under Cabinet Range Hood?
The Most Recommended Best Under Cabinet Range Hood: 10 Best Reviewed
- Broan F403023 Two-Speed Four-Way Convertible Range Hood
- Broan 403004 30 In. Stainless Steel Ducted Range Hood
- BV Stainless Steel 30″ Under Cabinet High Airflow Ducted Range Hood
- Cosmo Ducted Under Cabinet Range Hood
- Winflo Under Cabinet Stainless Steel Ducted Kitchen Range Hood
- Cosmo 30 Inch Ducted Under Cabinet Range Hood
- Broan 413001 ADA Capable Non-Ducted Under-Cabinet Range Hood
- Broan 413604 ADA Capable Non-Ducted Under-Cabinet Range Hood
- Broan QML30SS Under-Cabinet Range Hood
- Broan QS130WW Under Cabinet Hood
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Under Cabinet Range Hood
Every household will have a different requirement and every person will have a different preference. However, some of the factors remain constant across preferences while selecting a range hood.
Listed below are some of the key factors to consider when buying an under cabinet range hood.
Duct or duct free
Ducted hoods are preferable as they carry the smoke and cooking odor out of the kitchen to the outside rather than having it circulating within.
As the under cabinet range hoods are mounted below a wall cabinet, you have to either route the ductwork through the cabinets or through the back to the outside. Sometimes, you have to route through the cabinets to the ceiling.
The speed of the fan
The most optimal level is to have three speeds, a higher speed when you are cooking and a lower one when you are done with the cooking and just keep the place ventilated.
Also, the fan should be easily controllable by the user to set to the desired speed.
The size of the hood
The most important aspect where it would be better to have a hood as big as the cooking top. Not just the length, but the hood should also spread wide to fit the entire size of your cooking surface.
The level of CFM
CFM or the Cubit feet per minute determines the strength of the under cabinet range hood. This will again depend on the amount of cooking you plan to do. If you are a heavy cooker, then you may want to go for a larger CFM.
The output of your cooktop, that is the BTU that is expected to be let out while cooking should also be taken into account, higher the BTU, higher the CFM for better ventilation.
And yet this doesn’t guarantee better smoke removal. One has to consider both in tandem while choosing the best under cabinet range hood.
Most of the range hoods come with the lighting options to illuminate the cooktop. You get a wide range of LED, fluorescent to incandescent to choose from.
There might be 1-4 light bulbs in the hood. Going for the one which provides low lighting for night cooking is a better choice.
Some of the range hoods come with a sensor built in which turns on the fan whenever there is a rise in temperature beyond a certain level.
This is a technology that is used mainly in the microwave where the fans ensure that the electronic parts do not heat up when the temperature rises.
When it comes to range hoods, this might work adversely, especially when you are cooking with oil on an open pan and there is a chance of fire.
One has to consider the kind of cooking surface for which the hood is being fitted to and then decide on the need for this feature.
This is quite a convenient feature where the fan is turned off automatically after a predefined time period. This is quite helpful when you tend to forget to turn them off after finishing the cooking.
A major factor that can highly influence the buy on a range hood is the cost involved. The kind of features, the size of the hood and the amount of installation involved are certain factors that will build into the cost of the hood.
One would find that the under cabinet range hoods fall well within the budget compared to other options.
Apart from the above factors, there are also factors like the noise level, the look of the hood, etc. that has to be taken into consideration before investing in an under cabinet range hood.
The Most Recommended Under Cabinet Range Hood: 10 Best Under Cabinet Range Hood Reviews By Sujana Marie
Now, with these factors in mind, let us take a look at 10 of the best under cabinet range hoods in the market, their features and what they offer to its buyers.
1) Broan F403023 Two-Speed Four-Way Convertible Range Hood Review
Another innovative and revolutionary model from the house of Broan, the F403023 comes with a convertible (4 way) range hood and a two-speed fan.
Other features include:
- Stylish black color with two speeds for fan control.
- The 4-way convertibility offers more flexibility to make it compatible with all kind of applications.
- Durable fan and a grease filter that is easy to clean.
- You can either go with a ducted (vertical and horizontal option) or go with non-ducted for recirculation of the air.
- Remove the cover plate on the front simply to convert to non-ducted when required.
- The grease filter is safe to wash in a dishwasher.
- Comes with a protective lens for the lamp to provide illumination while cooking.
2) Broan 403004 30 In. Stainless Steel Ducted Range Hood Review
With options to either duct vertically or horizontally, the Broan 403004 comes with a combination of good looks and high performance.
As part of the 40000 series from Broan where all models are meant for a wide range of coverage, the 403004 is completely made of stainless steel and is expected to last longer than other materials in the category.
- Easy to install with 2-speed controls.
- Cleaning is quite easy for the grease filter can be washed in a dishwasher.
- Illumination for the cook top.
- Less noisy in comparison.
- Reasonably priced.
3) BV Stainless Steel 30″ Under Cabinet High Airflow Ducted Range Hood Review
BV is a name consistently seen alongside innovation. With a stainless steel body and a width of 30 inches, the under cabinet range hood from BV does come with a long list of attractive features.
- A slanted design to provide complete coverage to the entire cooking area.
- 800 CFM from dual motors, which ensures better ventilation.
- For the power so high, the range hood doesn’t make much noise.
- 3-speed fan control
- Illumination by 2 watts lighting in the hood.
- Easily removable filter and tray for easy cleaning.
4) Cosmo Ducted Under Cabinet Range Hood Review
Styled for the European kitchens, the Cosmo comes with an energy efficient range hood with aluminum filters and stainless steel body along with other features.
A combination of efficiency and style along with value for the money!
- Higher efficiency with 250 CFM
- 3-speed fan/motor for an energy efficient operation.
- Less noisy with controls at the push of a button.
- Lighting powered by LED lamps
- Warranty for the parts by the manufacturer for up to 5 years.
- Easy to clean exterior and durable filters in aluminum.
- Has to be hardwired for installation as this doesn’t include a plug.
5) Winflo Under Cabinet Stainless Steel Ducted Kitchen Range Hood Review
Elegance and excellence are what the WinFlo range hood boasts of when you check out the under cabinet range hoods under the brand.
With a 3-year warranty on the parts of the range hood, there are quite a few features of this range hood that can work out in your favor.
- 2 blowers made of metal to deliver 500 CFM airflow guaranteeing optimal ventilation.
- The baffle filters made of stainless steel are easy to remove and clean.
- All the three filters are safe to wash in a dishwasher.
- There is a grease trap and 2 LED lights to illuminate your cooktop.
- A control panel that works on the touch sensor.
- Option for 3-speed fan control.
6) Cosmo 30 Inch Ducted Under Cabinet Range Hood Review
Touted to be one of the best of its kind under cabinet range hoods, the Cosmo ducted range hood comes with many interesting features to look at.
- 760 CFM of airflow for better ventilation.
- The noise level is minimal and there are 3 speeds to the motor.
- The stainless steel filters ensure an easy cleaning option for you can wash them in a dishwasher.
- Controls are designed at the push of a button and the hood offers LED lighting.
- A limited warranty for 5 years on the product.
7) Broan 413001 ADA Capable Non-Ducted Under-Cabinet Range Hood Review
High quality, value for money and effective filtration are some factors that are considered in tandem with the range hoods from Broan.
The 413001 from the 41000 series of under cabinet range hoods from Broan includes a charcoal filter and is ductless.
- Beneficial when there is no provision to have any air ducts for the unit is duct free.
- 2-speed fan and a separate switch for the rocker light. The bulb is not included.
- Charcoal filter can be cleaned and replaced with ease.
- Enhanced looks guaranteed with the hemmed bottom and the mitered edges.
- A limited warranty of 1 year offered.
8) Broan 413604 ADA Capable Non-Ducted Under-Cabinet Range Hood Review
Another high performing under cabinet range hood from the Broan 41000 series, the 413604 ADA is fitted with charcoal filter along with other features expected from a range hood of its class.
- Non-ducted charcoal filter perfect for places where there are no air ducts.
- A lamp lens protectively placed over the hood to provide perfect illumination across the cooking surface. The bulb has to be bought separately.
- The switches for the fan and light are rocker types.
- Works well in ADA-compliant application.
9) Broan QML30SS Under-Cabinet Range Hood Review
Constructed of lightweight stainless steel, the Broan QML30SS is easy to handle and easy to install and can be mounted under your cabinet with little to no hassle.
- 30-inch wide coverage of the cooking surface.
- Lighter to lift and move around with a couple of halogen lights to illuminate the cooktop.
- The light bulbs’ intensity can also be adjusted to either low or high.
- There is a 2-speed fan with 200 CFM airflow.
- Canopy model and easy to clean design.
- Lower noise levels
- Non-ducted range hood with stainless steel body.
10) Broan QS130WW Under Cabinet Hood Review
Considered as the new benchmark for the under cabinet range hoods, the Broan QS130WW uses the technology of axial blade, unique to the line.
A revolutionary design and technology the Broan QS130WW model boasts of many features.
- Less noisy with only 1.5Sones at a normal speed.
- The setting for CFM is at 220 which make for sufficient ventilation.
- An enclosed model for easy to clean and maintain.
- Adjustable connectors for ducts so as to accommodate even ductwork that is off the center.
- Easy to install and is a 4-way convertible.
So, Which One Is The Best Under Cabinet Range Hoods?
The fact whether you are an avid cook or an occasional cook may be the factor that will decide on the best under cabinet range hood for your kitchen.
You can always go for a simple non-ducted option if you rarely use the kitchen other than to reheat and cook occasionally.
However, if you are a person who loves cooking and experimenting in the kitchen, you would prefer the Broan Two-Speed Four-Way Convertible Range Hood.
Not only does it provide the option of having a non-ducted or ducted option with the 4-way convertibility but it also proves to be worth the money you spend for.
And it depends on your personal preference, but if you love the black color than Broan F403023 is the one to go for.