The Chef’s Choice 300 is a diamond hone knife sharpener that is user friendly and easy to operate. Even a person with no experience, would find using it as simple as sharpening a pencil.
The result is always a precise, razor sharp knife edge, which will keep maintain its sharpness for a long time. It is designed to sharpen any kitchen or sports knife (except those with serrated edges). The Chef’s Choice 300 diamond hone knife sharpener is a two stage electric sharpener.
The key to the sharpener’s performance are the two stages. In the first stage, the blade is given the basic sharpness. The second stage, called the honing stage, polishes the blade to razor sharpness.
Most sharpener’s create only a single bevel, but the Chef’s Choice 300 diamond hone sharpener creates two bevels and the resultant ‘shoulder’ makes the sharpness of the edge last much longer. Each stage has a pair of slots which uses 100% diamond abrasives.
Since diamond abrasives are extremely hard, it will last for the full service life of the machine. To make the operation simple, yet precise, there is a magnetic guide which holds the blade at the correct angle for the perfect edge. There is no guesswork involved; the sharpener does the thinking for you.
- It uses 100% diamond coated abrasives. This makes it very hard and can withstand a lot of wear and tear.
- The first stage gives the initial sharpness. The second honing stage gives the final polish so that the blade is razor sharp.
- Since the magnetic guide holds the blade at the proper angle to the abrasive surface, you need not press down or try to place it at the correct angle. The machine does it automatically for perfect sharpness.
- The chefs choice 300 knife sharpener creates a double bevel edge. A double bevel edge is superior to a single bevel and it retains its sharpness much longer than even a brand new knife.
- It is a compact machine with dimensions of 9 x 6.2 x 5.5 inches. With such a small footprint, you can store the sharpener anywhere.
- Though the sharpener is sturdy and designed for frequent use, it weighs only 3.2 pounds. The shipping weight is 4 pounds.
- This sharpener is assembled in the USA and has UL/ETL and Canadian approvals.
Description of this Chefs Choice Knife Sharpener
The 300W Chef’s Choice is a two stage electric knife sharpener. It uses unique orbiting diamond coated abrasives to create an edge of incredible sharpness. The inbuilt magnetic guides hold the knife at the precise angle and pressure required to make the blade razor sharp.
The magnetic guides, along with the orbiting diamonds, sharpen the edge at two precise angles and removes metal only where needed. This will ensure a longer life for your blade. All you have to do is to put the knife in the appropriate slot and pull it towards your body.
The Chef’s Choice 300 knife sharpener has been designed to use on carbon, stainless or alloy steel knives. The 100% diamond abrasive, in conjunction with the precision of the magnetic guide, ensures that the knife edge is always sharpened perfectly.
It has been designed not to distemper knives. This makes it safe to use with quality household non-serrated knives. This sharpener removes less metal than other sharpeners.
We used three knives to test the machine. All were common kitchen knives of various blade lengths and thicknesses. We just put the knife in the appropriate slot and gently pulled it through. The result was amazing. The sharpness of the blades was of top quality.
The best part was you hardly had to do anything. Just place in slot and pull gently. In about a minute, the knife was sharp and as good, if not better, than new. The 300W scored high on ease of use and performance.
The Chef’s Choice 300 diamond hone knife sharpener has been well received by customers. It is reasonably priced and simple to use. This is one product which is a ‘must have’ in your home. It is a recommended buy.