As an Instant pot air fryer user, you will often face one major difficulty; how do you clean an instant pot air fryer lid?
Simply using dish soap and water might get the job done, but sometimes, you might need a little extra kick, especially if you are dealing with stubborn stains or odor.
So how do you clean an instant pot air fryer lid? Fortunately, there are several ways you can do these using products you have at home. These include:
- Using soap and water
- Using baking soda paste
- Using a mixture of baking soda and vinegar
The rest of this article will cover different ways to clean the instant pot air fryer, such as:
- How to clean oil splatters
- How to clean food debris
- How to remove burnt smell
How to Clean Oil Splatters From the Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid
Merely wiping oil splatters off the lid won’t keep it clean. Over time, oil and grease buildup will affect the functionality of the instant pot air fryer lid.
To prevent grease or oil buildup on the lid, we recommend you follow the following guidelines to clean it.
- Detach the air fryer lid from the instant pot completely.
- Let it sit for around 15 minutes to let the lid cool down. Since you will be handling the appliance by hand, you don’t want to suffer any harm.
- As the appliance cools, prepare a baking soda and vinegar mixture and carefully place it in a spray bottle.
- Once the instant pot air fryer lid completely cools down, spray the lid with the baking soda and vinegar mixture that you already prepared. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Use a damp cloth and thoroughly wipe down the lid until all the mixture residue is completely gone. Continue wiping it down until it’s spotless.
LEARN MORE: Can You Heat a Cup of Coffee in an Air Fryer?
How to Clean Food Debris From the Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid
Although the instant pot air fryer lid never touches any food inside the pot, it doesn’t mean that food can’t get to it. Sometimes, food disasters do happen.
When this happens, you will still need to clean the food debris immediately. Here is a step-by-step on how to get rid of food debris from the lid.
- Detach the lid from the instant pot and set it aside to cool down. To avoid any harm to yourself, always let the lid cool down.
- Using a cloth or a soft brush, gently remove the food debris from the lid, being extra careful not to damage the appliance. Make sure that you don’t use anything more abrasive than a brush to remove the food debris. We recommend using a cloth, sponge, or a soft brush to get it done.
- Create a baking soda paste using two tablespoons of water and baking soda in a bowl. Ensure that the paste is thick enough such that the water in the paste doesn’t sip into the appliance. Gently apply the paste to the lid, ensuring that the paste only reaches areas that you can get using a damp cloth, sponge, or soft brush.
- Let the paste sit on the lid for about 10-15 minutes if you are in a hurry. However, we recommend leaving the paste on the lid for around 12 to 24 hours if you have time. Once you are ready to clean it, prepare a bowl of water, a sponge, and a soft brush.
- Gently clean the paste off the lid using the damp sponge or brush. Only use the brush to clean the paste off the hard-to-reach places on the lid. Make sure not to brush it too harshly. Once done, wipe off any residues, and the lid should look brand new.
LEARN MORE: Can You Use a Steel Bowl in an Air Fryer?
How to Remove Burnt Smell Off the Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid
If you are cooking something with a strong aroma, such as popcorns, it may be challenging to get rid of the stench long after cooking.
Therefore, it’s best to get rid of the smell as quickly as possible permanently. Follow the following steps to ensure that your lid remains smells fresh every time.
- Immediately after cooking, air out the lid. You want to make sure that you separate the lid from the instant pot as soon as possible.
- As the lid airs, prepare a mixture of dish soap and warm water inside a bowl. Pour out the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Take the mixture and spray it onto the lid. Ensure that you get the whole surface area of the lid. Leave it for some time to absorb the mix. Around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare a damp cloth or sponge. Gently clean the lid. This should get rid of the smell quickly. Alternatively, if the odor is persistent, add baking soda onto the lid to absorb the odor and then clean it out.
LEARN MORE: Can You Cook Beef Brisket in an Air Fryer?
Now that you’ve learned how to clean an instant pot air fryer lid, here are a few rules to help you maintain the overall cleanliness of the lid:
- Never submerge the lid into the water, chemicals, or any liquid. Remember, a lid is a standalone appliance that sits on top of your instant pot. Submerging it into any liquid of any kind can damage the appliance.
- Always remove any food debris or oil splatter from the lid before using it again. This prevents any kind of residue builds upon the lid.
- In case of stubborn stains or a strong odor, ensure that you let your cleaning mixture rest a little longer before cleaning it.