Do you like chicken nuggets? Who doesn’t, right? They are delicious and perfect for a quick snack or meal. But sometimes you might not have time to cook them the regular way. That’s where the microwave comes in.
How long to microwave your chicken nuggets? It depends on the brand and the size of the nuggets. Usually, it takes around four minutes but If you want to reheat chicken nuggets in the microwave, you should do it for one minute.
People sometimes have trouble microwaving chicken nuggets because they don’t know how long to cook them for. They might end up overcooking them and drying them out, or undercooking them and leaving them raw.
In this blog post, we will answer those questions and more! We will also provide some tips on reheating chicken nuggets in the microwave.
So whether you are making them for the first time or just trying to heat them up, we have you covered!
Microwaving Process of Chicken Nuggets
When you’re ready to cook your chicken nuggets, take them out of the freezer and follow the process described here:
- Put them in a microwave-safe dish. Make sure the dish is big enough to fit all of the nuggets in without overlapping.
- Next, add about 1/4 cup of water to the dish. This will help keep the nuggets moist as they cook.
- Microwave the nuggets on high for 4-5 minutes, or until they’re cooked through.
- Carefully remove the dish from the microwave, using oven mitts if necessary. Let the nuggets cool for a few minutes before eating.
LEARN MORE: Can You Defrost Cooked Chicken in the Microwave?
How Long to Microwave to Make Your Nuggets Ready
You are ready to microwave your frozen chicken nuggets but don’t know the amount of time you need? Then it is a problem.
Before diving into this process you must know about all you need, especially the time charts. You can adjust the cooking time according to the following:
- 1-2 minutes for 5 nuggets
- 2-3 minutes for 10 nuggets
- 3–3.5 minutes for 15 nuggets
- Check the nuggets after the specified time has passed, and if extra heating is needed, heat in 45-second increments until heated.
- If you prefer crispy nuggets, use the recipe at the bottom of this post to make your chicken nuggets in the oven or toaster oven.
LEARN MORE: Can You Cook Mozzarella Sticks in the Microwave?
Making Your Chicken Nuggets Crispy in the Microwave: How Long Do You Need?
When you want your food to be crispier in the microwave, use parchment paper. Simply slide it beneath your lunch or wrap it around your meal to keep it crisp.
In the end, you won’t get as crispy food using this approach as you would with a regular oven, but it’s a significant improvement.
After that, cover a platter with a paper towel, and arrange the chicken pieces on it. Microwave for 1 minute and 45 seconds after placing the chicken in the microwave.
For not making your nuggets soggy, prepare them in such a way that they stay dry. You can also place them on a paper towel before microwaving.
Because the paper towel absorbs all surplus moisture, the chicken nuggets will not become soggy.
LEARN MORE: Can You Cook Garlic Bread in the Microwave?
Onsequences of Keeping the Nuggets Longer in the Microwave
When microwaving chicken nuggets, it is important to keep in mind that they will cook more quickly than when baking them in the oven.
This means that it is important to watch them closely and not overcook them, as they can become dried out and tough.
If you do happen to overcook your chicken nuggets, they can still be recovered by reheating them in the microwave.
To do this, place the chicken nuggets in a microwave-safe dish and heat them on high for 10-15 seconds.
And if you want crispy chicken nuggets, the microwave isn’t the best device to use. When chicken nuggets are heated in the microwave, they frequently become greasy and unappealing.
This can be avoided to some extent by merely boiling the chicken nuggets for a brief time.
LEARN MORE: Can You Cook Frozen Shrimp in the Microwave?
Reheating Your Chicken Nuggets in the Microwave
If you don’t want to wait for the oven, the microwave is the fastest way to heat up chicken nuggets.
There is no setup and very little downtime. To reheat your leftover chicken nuggets, follow these steps:
- The first step is the same as before. Without overlapping them, put them on a tray and obviously microwave-friendly tray.
- It is preferable to stack two batches on top of each other if you need to do two batches. Check the chicken nuggets after a minute of full power heating.
- Allow them to sit for 30 seconds to allow the heat to properly disseminate.
- Microwave them for another 30 seconds if they need to be warmed up.
LEARN MORE: Can You Cook Italian Sausage In The Microwave?
Tips and Tricks in Microwaving Your Chicken Nuggets
Looking for some extra tips besides the regular way to microwave the chicken nuggets? These suggestions may help you for sure.
- As indicated above, put your nuggets in a toaster oven or a hot pan on the stovetop for a minute or two to crisp them up.
- There are microwave crisping trays that you can put in the microwave for a bit to heat up to make the food crisp from the microwave. You must turn it on, just sitting in the microwave won’t work; instructions are included.
- Micro crisp was a product that looked like waxed paper but included a chemical called a susceptor. Some foods, such as Hot Pockets, come in packaging using this type of technology to help keep the food crisp.
LEARN MORE: Can You Cook Ground Beef In The Microwave?
So, now you know the process of microwaving chicken nuggets is simple and easy. It usually takes around four minutes to cook the nuggets, but it may vary depending on the power of your microwave.
Make sure to check the nuggets every minute or so to ensure even cooking.
Chicken nuggets are a popular food choice, but they can be unhealthy when you deep fry them. By microwaving chicken nuggets at home, you can save oil and eat healthier versions of this dish.