When it comes to sausage gravies, you must have heard of Bob Evans sausage gravy. You may have tried it at home also.
It is made by combining sausage, milk, and flour together to create a thick and creamy gravy. This gravy can be served over biscuits, toast, potatoes, or even rice.
But when you have made a larger amount together, you might want to store them for longer so they don’t go bad so easily. Then comes the issue if you can freeze Bob Evans sausage gravy so that it remains edible for a long time.
Can You Freeze the Bob Evans Sausage Recipe?
You can freeze the Bob Evans sausage recipe. This gravy can stay fresh at room temperature for a few hours and in the fridge for up to three days.
If you want to store it for a longer time, then freezing is the best way to do that. Freezing won’t change the taste of the gravy. It may change the actual texture and the sauce may look thinner, but it will get fixed when it is reheated.
LEARN MORE: How to Make Cranberry Bliss Bars?
Process of Freezing Bob Evans Sausage Gravy
Making and freezing Bob Evans sausage gravy is a great way to have this dish on hand for quick meals. The steps involved in the freezing process are very simple, and by following a few tips, your gravy will stay fresh and delicious. Here’s how to do it:
Steps for Freezing Bob Evans Sausage Gravy
- In order to be safe, make sure that your sausage gravy is cold. if you’re making a big batch, divide the gravy into smaller amounts to keep it from getting too hot. It is best to keep the gravy at room temperature before freezing it.
- Spoon the gravy into a container or bag that can be frozen. As the sausage gravy freezes, it will get a little bigger. You should leave some space around the top of the container you are using.
- Label the container or bag with the date, and make sure to include “frozen” on the label.
- Place the container in your freezer. Remember to keep the gravy away from raw or uncooked ingredients, as they can contaminate the cooked ingredients.
- Your gravy will be good for up to three months in your freezer. When you are ready to eat it, just let it thaw in the fridge overnight or place it in the microwave for a few minutes.
- You can also freeze Bob Evans sausage gravy in ice cube trays. Once they have been frozen, pop them out and store them in a freezer-safe bag. This is a great way to have just the right amount of gravy for your needs.
Thawing Bob Evans Sausage Gravy
If you have frozen Bob Evans sausage gravy, it is important to know how to thaw it properly. The best way to thaw the sausage gravy is in the refrigerator overnight.
If you are in a hurry, you can place the container of gravy in a bowl of cold water and change the water every 30 minutes until it has completely thawed.
To thaw Bob Evans Sausage gravy in the microwave, place the gravy in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it on low power for one minute. Stir the gravy and continue to heat it in 30-second increments until it is thawed.
Reheating Bob Evans Sausage Gravy
Once the sausage gravy has been thawed, you can reheat it in a skillet on the stove or in the microwave. If you are reheating it in a skillet, be sure to heat it slowly over low heat so that it does not scorch.
If you are reheating it in the microwave, heat it on medium for no more than 30 seconds at a time to prevent it from becoming rubbery.
LEARN MORE: How to Make Buffalo Sauce Taste Better?
Freezing Bob Evans sausage gravy is a great way to have this dish on hand for later. When freezing the gravy, it is important to follow the proper steps in order to maintain the quality of the gravy.
Freezing them improperly can lead to a soggy or watery product. It is important to follow the process properly so that you can have this delicious side dish ready to go whenever you need it.