Yes, granite cookware is safe for cooking. Because granite cookware is made of non-porous natural stone. It doesn’t absorb food or liquids, so it’s safe to use in the kitchen. Granite cookware is made of thin carbon steel. This carbon steel cookware is protected from hazardous substances by a layer of porcelain enamel. Additionally, granite cookware is PTFE free which does not react with acidic food and leach chemicals.
Reasons Why Granite Cookware Is Safe
Granite cookware is absolutely safe for cooking as well as for health. There are several reasons why this type of cookware is safe, such as:
A Non-porous Material
Granite is a non-porous material, which means that it does not absorb food or liquids. This makes it safe to use for cooking. Porous materials can harbor bacteria and other contaminants, which can be harmful to your health.
Coated With a Food-safe Sealant
All granite cookware is coated with a food-safe sealant. This sealant protects against bacteria and other contaminants which is also safe for cooking.
It also helps keep the granite from scratching, making it easier to clean.
PTFE is a chemical that is often used in non-stick coatings. It has been linked to health problems, such as cancer and infertility. Granite cookware does not contain PTFE, because it is not necessary.
The granite itself is non-stick, so there is no need to use a chemical coating.
Doesn’t React With Food
Granite is a natural material and it does not react with food or change its flavor in any way. This makes it a safe choice for cooking. Some types of cookware, such as aluminum, can react with food and give it a metallic taste.
Safe to Use at High Temperatures
Granite cookware can withstand high temperatures without melting or burning. This makes it a perfect material for pots and pans.
Other materials, such as plastic or Teflon, can melt or release harmful chemicals at high temperatures. Granite is a safe and healthy option for cooking your food.
LEARN MORE: 10 Best Stainless Steel Cookware Sets
Tips to Use Granite Cookware for Long-lastingness
Now that you know a little more about granite cookware and why it is safe, let’s take a look at some tips for using it safely and efficiently.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your granite cookware in good condition and use it safely and efficiently.
- Do not use metal utensils with your granite cookware. Metal utensils can scratch the surface of the pan and may also damage the sealant. Use wooden or silicone utensils instead.
- Always clean your granite cookware after each use. This will help keep it in good condition and prevent bacteria from growing. You can clean it with warm soapy water or a non-abrasive cleaner.
- Do not put your granite cookware in the dishwasher. High temperatures and harsh chemicals can damage the surface of the pan.
- Avoid using cooking sprays with your granite cookware. The spray can build up on the surface of the pan and be difficult to remove. If you must use a cooking spray, make sure to wipe it off after each use.
- Even with non-stick, use a little oil to fry to make it last longer.
- Use a gentle soap or detergent. Abrasive cleaners can damage the surface of your pan.
- After cooking, let the cookware cool for five minutes on the side before washing it.
- Store your granite cookware in a cool, dry place. Do not stack it on top of other pans or pots as this can damage the surface.
LEARN MORE: Best Hard Anodized Cookware Sets To Buy Online
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Granite Cookware
Now that you know more about granite cookware, let’s take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of using it.
- Granite cookware is safe to use. It is made of a non-porous material that does not absorb food or liquids. It is also coated with a food-safe sealant.
- Granite cookware is easy to clean. It is non-stick and does not require the use of harsh chemicals or cleaners.
- Granite cookware is durable. It can withstand high temperatures and will not melt or burn.
- Granite cookware is a healthy option. It does not contain any harmful chemicals or metals that can contaminate your food.
- Granite cookware can be expensive. If you are looking for a budget-friendly option, then granite cookware might not be the best option.
- Granite cookware cannot be used with metal utensils. Wood or silicone utensils must be used instead to prevent scratching.
LEARN MORE: Best Copper Cookware To Buy Online
How Granite Cookware Is Made
Natural stone, usually granite is used to make granite cookware. It is a popular choice for cooking because it is believed to be a healthier option than other types of cookware. Granite cookware is also very durable and easy to clean.
- The first step in making granite cookware is to quarry the stone. Next, the stone is cut into slabs and transported to a factory. There, the slabs are cut into pieces that will be used to make cookware.
- The next step is to polish the granite. This is done using diamond abrasives. After polishing, the granite is cleaned and then sealed. The last step is to inspect the cookware for any defects.
- Finally, Granite cookware that passes inspection is then shipped to stores where it can be purchased by consumers.
Why Is Granite Cookware Ideal for Cooking?
Granite cookware works by uniformly distributing heat throughout the pan’s surface. This ensures that food is cooked evenly, without hot spots.
Additionally, granite cookware is able to withstand high temperatures, making it ideal for cooking at high heat.
Granite cookware is also a good choice for browning and searing food. The high heat retention of granite cookware allows food to develop a crispy crust.
Granite cookware is safe to use on all cooking surfaces, including gas, electric, and induction cooktops. It can also be used in the oven and broiler.
Granite cookware is a safe and healthy choice for your kitchen. Its durability, easy to clean, and resistance to high temperatures make it a great choice for cooking.
By following these simple tips mentioned above, you can use your granite cookware safely and efficiently. Thanks for reading!