Do you love bacon but don’t have the time to cook it in the skillet? Have no fear, because we are going to show you how to cook bacon in the microwave!
Cooking bacon in the microwave is a great way to save time and make sure your bacon is evenly cooked. This is a great trick for those who want crispy bacon without having to wait. All you need is some bacon, a microwave-safe dish, and a few minutes.
There are many methods out there to make your bacon ready in the quickest possible time using the microwave. All of them have some variations in the process depending on the texture one wants. So, which one you will choose depends on your time, and the results you want.
This article will provide you with the necessary instructions to cook microwaved bacon that we found would be convenient to you. It also contains some factors that you would consider while following this method.
Steps To Cook Bacon In The Microwave
Cooking Bacon in a microwave is not a big deal! It comprises some simple steps: Preheating the oven, taking your bacon slices on a microwave-friendly plate, and cooking them for an appropriate time.
But there are always some extra steps that you can follow for getting better results. For example, while microwaving slices of bacon, the main concern is the edges might not sear. But some say that following proper steps you can also get sear edges of bacon from microwaves!
Here are the detailed procedures that may help you to cook your bacon in the microwave:
- Preheat your microwave to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Locate your largest microwave-safe plate.
- Then you’ll need to find two smaller microwave-safe plates.
- Place one of the smaller plates on top of the larger plate, upside down.
- Drape bacon slices over the upside-down plate, making sure the ends don’t extend beyond the larger plate’s edge (cut them shorter as appropriate).
- Place the second smaller plate on top of the bacon, upside down. Even if the bacon does not stretch past the edge of the smaller dish, the grease will ooze to the edges and splatter.
- Cook the bacon in the microwave for 4 minutes, or until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the microwave and place it on a paper towel to cool.
Serve your bacon and enjoy it with your family. Hope this step-by-step process helps you.
LEARN MORE: Is It Bad To Eat Microwaved Food Every Day?
Reasons Why You Should Cook Bacon In The Microwave
Bacon is a must in your holiday breakfasts, as a side dish to your delicious main course or an addition to your perfect burgers. But you certainly want faster ways to prepare it when there is a party or you have to arrange it for a larger number of people. More reasons why can choose the microwave to cook your bacon:
- Microwaving bacon is not only the quickest way to cook it, but it also leaves less grease to clean up. There are no spilled skillets, greasy stoves, or excessively hot baking sheets to clean up. It is, without a doubt, the best option.
- Bacon cooked in the microwave will be slightly chewier, but crispier! Cook for 4-5 minutes, then add another minute at a time till it’s as crispy as you like it, according to most recipes. But keep in mind that the bacon will crisp up as it cools.
- In the microwave, bacon can be cooked in layers. Just remember to separate each slice of bacon with a layer of paper towels. We don’t suggest stacking more than three layers of bacon at a time.
Things To Consider When Cooking Bacon In The Microwave
You can consider some tips when you decide to go on with this simple process.
- When cooking bacon in the microwave, it’s important to use a microwave-safe dish.
- Make sure the bacon is laid out in a single layer.
- Cook the bacon for 4-5 minutes, or until it’s crispy.
Microwave bacon cookers are also available for purchase. Though it is not necessary it can help you when you are trying a batch of bacon altogether. Three of the microwave-friendly bacon cookers found in the market are:
LEARN MORE: Can You Microwave Milk for Hot Chocolate?
The Time Needed To Cook Bacon In A Microwave
One of the best things about cooking bacon in the microwave is that you can obtain crispy bacon in a fraction of the time. There are a few elements that influence the cooking time of bacon in the microwave:
- This is the amount of power used by microwave ovens. The wattage should be printed on a sticker inside the door.
- It will cook considerably faster if you cook 1-2 slices at a time rather than 6-9 slices at a time.
- Bacon is available in a variety of thicknesses, and the thicker the bacon, the longer it takes to cook.
- The crispier you want your bacon to be, the longer it will take to cook.
Now that you know how to cook bacon in the microwave, there’s no need to wait for it to cook in the oven. Just pop it in the microwave and for a few minutes, you’ll have crispy bacon without all of the mess! Plus, this is a great way to cook bacon if you’re short on time. So next time you’re in a hurry, give this method a try!