A carbon Paella pan is the number one choice for many paella chefs around the globe. They prefer a carbon paella pan because of its excellent heat conductivity and non-stick abilities.
And the demand for perfect paella every time makes it vital to season every carbon pan beforehand to use it efficiently. Therefore, we present a complete guide on how to season a paella pan in the oven to cook like a pro.
Moreover, seasoning a paella pan in the oven has its benefits, such as:
- It increases the life of the pan
- Allows you to cook without any mishaps.
Let’s read on to understand the process of seasoning a paella pan in an oven in some simple steps. For seasoning a paella pan in the oven, you might need:
- Cloth or towel
- Hot water
- Oven mitt
Let’s read on!
How to Season a Paella Pan in Oven (A Step-by-step Guide)
To increase durability and efficiency, you need to season and store it properly before and after any cooking session.
Also, our guide features a simple method that takes no significant amount of time. Most of the things used in the procedure are readily available at home, and you don’t need to rush to the market.
Step 1: Wash and Dry the Pan
- Apply the dishwashing liquid over your paella pan using a soft and clean cloth.
- Leave it for just 30 seconds.
- Wash the pan with warm water.
- Pat dry using a cloth or paper towel.
Tip: Ensure to remove the upper coating on the paella pan if you have just bought it.
Step 2: Season with Oil and Bake in the oven
- First and foremost, before even starting the procedure, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It will save you time.
- Apply any cooking oil thoroughly all over the pan. The bottom, the handles, the inner surface, and every possible place you can cover.
- Bake your seasoned paella pan in the oven for about 40 minutes.
Step 3: Cleaning the Excess
- After baking your seasoned paella pan properly, take it out of the oven using an oven mitt.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Clean the excess oil from the paella pan.
- Ensure to clean the bottom and handle properly using a soft cloth.
Tip: Clean with a gentle hand. Also, your seasoned paella pan may change its color, so do not fret. It is entirely normal.
Step 4: Use it or Save it
- After seasoning the paella pan in the oven, either use it or store it for later use.
- You can use it now for ages. The more it cooks, the more stick-resistant it gets.
LEARN MORE: How to Fix a Scratched Non-stick Pan?
Maintenance of Paella Pan (Some helpful Tips)
To ensure the longevity of your seasoned paella pan, you need to central, store, and wash it properly. Here are some tips you might need right after the guide on seasoning the paella pan in the oven.
- Always hand washes a paella pan if the material it is made of is carbon.
- Only go for a dishwasher if the company mentions it.
- You must season your pan now and then or at least every two months to save its coating from destruction.
- Since carbon paella pans are good heat conductors, you must not cook them at high temperatures and in flames.
- Paella pans can get hot soon, and it is advisable to use non-stick or wooden spoons and utensils.
- Clean your paella pan regularly to ensure its safety from rust.
Carbon pans need particular seasoning and maintenance to stay in good form. Before using it for the first time, thoroughly wash it to remove the manufacturer’s anti-rust coating.
It’s acceptable to soak the pan in water for several hours or longer. Stainless steel pans are nearly as low-maintenance as enameled steel pans.
LEARN MORE: How to Clean Burnt Copper Chef Pan
Seasoning a paella pan is not enough or the only measure you take to increase its lifespan. However, it would help if you cleaned it regularly and properly.
Non-stick surfaces are susceptible, so you must ensure gentle cleaning to maintain the coating.
Moreover, always keep safety precautions in mind while cooking in a paella pan due to its high heat conductivity. If you have more tips and tricks on seasoning paella pan in the oven, do let us know in the comment section below.