The Rice cooker is a very versatile kitchen appliance with the ability to prepare varieties of food in it.
From rice to vegetables, fish, meat, and almost anything and everything can be cooked in a rice cooker. It’s a lifesaver for dorm students with limited resources.
When wanting to cook a chicken and rice meal and the only appliance available is a rice cooker, you might think, ” Can you cook raw chicken with rice in a rice cooker?”. Well, you can absolutely cook raw chicken with rice in a rice cooker.
It is a great way to make a complete meal. Not only is it simple and easy, but it can also be healthy and delicious.
Stay with me if you want to know how to cook raw chicken with rice in a rice cooker and some tips.
Can You Cook Raw Chicken With Rice in Rice Cooker?
Yes, you definitely cook raw chicken with rice in a rice cooker. In fact, it’s one of the best ways to make a complete meal.
People who are short on time, live in dorms or are simply too lazy to cook the traditional way swear by this method. Moreover, if you want to limit the use of pots and pans, this is a great way to cook.
In a rice cooker, the raw chicken and rice cook through the steam, and pressure build up in it when covered.
This is why it’s important to make sure the cooker is sealed well. If not, the liquid and flavors will escape and you’ll be left with dry chicken and rice.
The great thing about cooking raw chicken with rice in a rice cooker is that it’s pretty much foolproof. All you have to do is put all of the ingredients in, set it and forget it.
But at the same time, it is also important to keep a few things in mind when cooking raw chicken in a rice cooker because raw meat does not cook the same as half-cooked or cooked meat.
LEARN MORE: Can You Heat a Cup of Coffee in an Air Fryer?
Process of Cooking Raw Chicken With Rice in Rice Cooker
Rice cookers function by trapping water and steam inside the vessel. As a result, the rice is cooked more uniformly and efficiently. When the rice is done, most rice cookers offer a warm option that keeps it warm until you’re ready to eat.
A rice cooker is a useful kitchen gadget. It will assist you in cooking meat more quickly and evenly. You can cook a variety of meats and fish in addition to beef. However, without further delay, let’s move on to the process or steps.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with a paper towel
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs or spices.
- Place the chicken in the rice cooker and add the rice on top of it.
- Add water according to your cooker’s instructions. Most rice cookers need about two cups of water for two cups of rice.
- Close the lid and seal it tight. Make sure the steam release valve is closed.
- Cook on high pressure for about 15 minutes. Once the timer goes off, allow the cooker to naturally release for about five minutes.
- Open the lid and fluff the rice and chicken with a fork.
The chicken will be juicy and well steamed. Furthermore, the chicken juice will run down into the rice. This will result in a more flavorful chicken and rice dinner.
Follow these tips to get better results:
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces for faster and even cooking.
- Saute the chicken and vegetables with rice before putting them into the rice cooker for deeper flavors and texture.
- Use a rice cooker with a timer to have your meal ready when you are.
- Add cooked chicken or vegetables to the cooked rice for a one-pot meal.
- You can brown the chicken pieces in oil before adding them to the rice cooker.
Here are some benefits of cooking raw chicken with rice in a rice cooker:
- You’ll have a complete meal that’s healthy, easy, and delicious.
- It’s a great way to cook and saves you time.
- The rice cooker will do all the work for you and your chicken will be cooked perfectly.
- This is a great way to cook chicken if you’re not sure how to do it properly.
LEARN MORE: Can You Use a Steel Bowl in an Air Fryer?
So there you have it! You now know how to cook raw chicken with rice in a rice cooker. It’s simple, easy, and delicious. Follow these tips and tricks to get the best results, and you’ll be able to make a perfect chicken and rice dinner every time.
If you’re looking for a quick and fuss-free meal, this is the way to go. Enjoy!