Pizza is a delicious dish that can be made with a variety of sauces. Some people prefer to use tomato sauce, while others like to experiment with different flavors.
Today, we’re going to settle one of the popular disputes: can you use spaghetti sauce for pizza?
Spaghetti sauce is typically a little thicker than pizza sauce, so you may need to add a little water to thin it out to use in pizza. However, the flavor of spaghetti sauce can be a great addition to your pizza.
If you are looking for the best ways to use your spaghetti sauce on pizza, you may have to alter the recipe. Pizza sauce is typically made with tomatoes, garlic, and oregano. On the other hand, the ingredients of spaghetti sauce have variations.
But usually, garlic, ground meat, cheese, some extra seasonings are used in spaghetti sauce with the basic elements.
What’s the Difference Between Spaghetti Sauce and Pizza Sauce?
Pizza sauce also has a stronger and tangy flavor, since it’s made with tomato paste.
There is also a difference between the making process of the two sauces. Spaghetti sauce is made by simmering tomatoes, garlic, onion, and herbs. The ingredients are then pureed or left chunky, depending on the desired consistency.
Pizza sauce is also made with tomatoes as the base, but it’s usually seasoned with oregano, basil, and fennel seeds. Tomato paste is added to pizza sauce to give it a thicker consistency and deeper flavor.
The taste difference between the two sauces is most noticeable when they’re used on pizza. Spaghetti sauce can make your pizza a more savory taste, while pizza sauce will give your pizza a sweeter flavor.
If you want to use spaghetti sauce on your pizza, we recommend thinning it out with some tomato juice. You can also add some seasonings to give it a more pizzeria taste.
LEARN MORE: Can Creatine Go Bad?
How to Use Spaghetti Sauce on Pizza
There are many different ways to make a pizza, and one of the most popular is by using spaghetti sauce. Spaghetti sauce is a type of tomato sauce that is thick and made with ground beef or sausage.
It is usually used on pasta dishes, but it can also be used on pizza. Here are some tips on using spaghetti sauce on your pizza:
- Spaghetti sauce can be used as a pizza sauce, but it is important to remember that it is thicker than traditional pizza sauce. This means that you will need to use less of it, or else your pizza will be too wet.
- Spaghetti sauce can also be used as a topping for your pizza. If you are using it as a topping, you will want to add some other toppings like cheese or pepperoni to balance out the flavors.
- Spaghetti sauce can also be used in place of traditional red sauce when making white pizza. White pizza is made with a cheese and herb base, and adding spaghetti sauce can give it a nice flavor twist.
- If you want to try something really different, you can even use spaghetti sauce in place of barbecue sauce on your pizza. This is a great option if you are looking for a sweeter pizza.
LEARN MORE: Can Babies Drink Cold Milk?
Best Pizza With Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
However, if you want to make the best pizza possible, then you should use spaghetti sauce.
Spaghetti sauce is a versatile and delicious sauce that can really elevate your pizza to the next level. We have selected a recipe that will give your pizza a delicious flavor:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic and olive oil. Set aside.
- Roll pizza dough on a lightly floured board and place it on a greased baking sheet.
- Spread the garlic mixture and the spaghetti sauce over the dough. Layer the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and basil leaves over the sauce.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for about10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
This recipe is sure to please anyone who tries it. The next time you are making pizza, be sure to use spaghetti sauce and follow the recipe above for the best results. You won’t be disappointed!
LEARN MORE: Can Babies Eat Dragon Fruit?
Different Sauces to Use in Pizza Other Than Spaghetti Sauce
If you’re feeling to do something different, you could even try using a different type of pasta sauce, like Alfredo or Marinara.
White Sauce on Pizza
BBQ Sauce on Pizza
Pizza with BBQ sauce may sound a bit odd, but it is actually a very popular type of pizza. The sweetness of the BBQ sauce pairs well with the savory toppings and the crust.
If you are looking for something different, try using BBQ sauce instead of Spaghetti sauce on your next pizza.
Alfredo Sauce on Pizza
Another great option to use on pizza is alfredo sauce. This is a super creamy sauce that is usually made with butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese.
Alfredo sauce can be a little bit heavy, so you might want to use less of it than you would spaghetti sauce.
You could also try adding some other toppings to your pizza to balance out the heaviness of the Alfredo sauce.
Marinara Sauce on Pizza
Marinara sauce is a type of Italian tomato sauce that is made with tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and herbs. To use the marinara sauce on pizza, simply spread the sauce over the top of the pizza dough before adding your toppings.
You can use toppings that you would normally use on pizza, such as meats, vegetables, and cheeses.
LEARN MORE: Can Bacon Grease Go Bad?
The spaghetti sauce and pizza sauce are almost similar, but there are some key differences between them.
Spaghetti sauce is usually thinner and has less of a tomato flavor than pizza sauce. It also often contains meat or vegetables, which you may not want on your pizza.
If you do decide to use spaghetti sauce on your pizza, be sure to add some extra seasonings to give it a boost of flavor.
You can also try using other sauces, like barbecue sauce or Alfredo sauce, for a different twist on your favorite pizza recipe.