There are debates on the internet on whether or not you can turn cookie mix into cake. Some people suggest that you can turn the cookie mix into cakes easily, while others say that you should not do it as the two recipes are different.
If you need to turn your cookie dough into a cake you can follow these steps:
Add some liquid vegetable oil along with or instead of some of the solid butter or shortening. You can also add some other liquids like milk or cream, fruit purees like applesauce, syrups or extracts. Then you can go with a smaller amount of baking powder along with the regular amount of baking soda. Consider adding more flour if your batter is too runny, but it should be runny.
You can also change the time and temperature that you used for the cookie recipe while baking the cake. The time may increase 6-7 minutes and accordingly the temperature. People also suggest making the whole batch of cookies in a pie pan, then decorate it as a cake.
Pros and Cons of Turning Cookie Mix Into Cake
When you think of making cake from your leftover cooking dough, you must know the following pros and cons of your action.
Turning your leftover cookie mix into cake is a great way to get the most out of your baking supplies.
- Not only will you save money by not having to buy a separate cake mix, but you’ll also end up with a delicious and unique dessert. Cookie cake is perfect for birthday parties, potlucks, or anytime you’re craving something sweet.
- Another benefit is that it is easy to make. Simply follow the instructions on the cookie mix box, then pour the batter into a 9×13 inch baking pan and bake according to the package directions. For an extra special treat, top your cookie cake with frosting, sprinkles, or your favorite toppings. Whether you use a store-bought mix or your favorite recipe, turning cookie mix into cake is a fun and easy way to create a delicious dessert.
It’s not always the best decision to turn your cookie dough into a cake.
- Firstly, cookies and cake have different texture requirements. Cookies are meant to be soft and chewy, while cake is supposed to be light and fluffy. Using cookie mix as a cake batter is likely to result in a dense, heavy final product.
- Additionally, many cake recipes call for additional ingredients that aren’t usually found in cookie batter, such as baking powder. Also, many cookie recipes contain chocolate chips or nuts. These can make the cake dry and crumbly.
- Finally, turning cookie mix into cake simply isn’t as cost-effective as using it to make cookies.
So next time you’re tempted to turn your leftover cookie mix into cake, think carefully about these drawbacks.
LEARN MORE: Can I Leave Banana Bread Out Overnight to Cool?
How to Turn Your Cookie Mix Into Cake
Have you ever been in the mood for cake, but all you have is cookie mix? Well, with a few simple ingredients and steps, you can turn that cookie mix into a cake!
- Substitute part of the butter/shortening with liquid oil. Start the recipe with 1/2 butter and 1 cup canola oil. But any version of 1.5 cups of fats will go well with it.
- Add liquids to moist the cake. You can add 1 cup applesauce, some maple syrup, and extra vanilla extract. You can add a cup of milk also.
- Then add baking powder. Cookies and cakes both include baking soda, but cookies often have more of it. The amount is typically about 2 teaspoons for each cup of flour in a cake recipe, with a 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder added to balance it out. If you are at a high altitude, you might have to reduce some of this, so you need to research first.
- At this point, with everything else the same as the cookie recipe – eggs, sugar, salt, flour, spices, the batter can be a bit runny. You can add a little flour, but you also have to keep in mind extra flour can make the cake denser.
LEARN MORE: Can You Put Frozen Bread in the Toaster?
Cookie mix can make a pretty decent cake. It’s not going to be as moist or fluffy as a cake made from scratch, but it’s a whole lot easier and just as delicious.
However, there are some pros and cons that you should consider before making this decision. The pros definitely outweigh the cons when it comes to turning cookie mix into cake.
Overall, turning your cookie mix into cake is a fun way to change up your baking routine. Give it a try the next time you’re in the mood for something sweet.