Silicone is a type of synthetic (rubber) that contains bonded silicon and oxygen, as well as carbon in some cases. Silica or sand quartz is the source of silicone. In the food industry, food-grade silica gel is used and normal silica gel is used in other industries.
Can you use silicone tongs In cooking oil? These tongs are made of heat-resistant silicone, which means that they can be used in hot oil without melting. They’re also dishwasher-safe, so they’re easy to clean. Silicone is also a non-stick material, so the food won’t stick to the tongs.
In this blog post, we’ll talk about the use of silicone tongs and the benefits of using them.
Use Of Silicone Tongs In Oil
According to manufacturers, silicone kitchen utensils can endure temperatures of up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit (varies by manufacturer). The temperature of hot oil ranges from 350 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (unless overheated – oil can catch fire at 500 degrees F).
Silicone tongs can be used in hot oil without the risk of melting. The silicone material is heat-resistant and will not melt like some other materials might. This makes them a safe option for use when cooking with hot oil. Additionally, silicone is a non-stick material so the food in the oil will not stick to the tongs.
LEARN MORE: 10 Best Pepper Mills And Salt Grinders
Use Of Silicone Tongs In Cooking Food Involving Oil
Here’s how to use silicone tongs in a variety of different recipes:
- Use them to flip burgers on the grill or chicken breasts in the oven. The silicone tips will protect your food from sticking to the grates or pan.
- Silicone tongs are also great for frying. The silicone tips will help you to remove food from the hot oil without any sticking of food.
- Silicone tongs can be used to stir fry vegetables or mix them in a wok. You will not burn your hands as silicone doesn’t conduct heat very well!
- They are also perfect for lifting hot food from a deep fryer, such as fries and chicken wings. The silicone tips will protect your hands from getting burned by oil splatters and steam rising off of fried goods.
LEARN MORE: Best Grill Pans For Your Kitchen
Why Should You Use Silicone Tongs?
Some of the many reasons for using silicone utensils such as tongs are given below;
- You can safely use silicone tongs in oil and water without the risk of melting because silicone has a very high melting point which makes it able to withstand temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit (260°C).
- Silicone tongs are non-stick material that can be used in hot oil without melting.
- They’re also dishwasher-safe, so they’re easy to clean.
- It is also a non-stick material, so the food won’t stick to the tongs.
- It’s safe for use with food and cooking utensils too!
- The silicone makes these tongs flexible enough to easily grip whatever you are picking up from your saute pan or frying pot.
- The silicone tongs are made out of silicone which means they will not break if dropped on the floor.
- Silicone tongs are stain-resistant. The non-porous quality of silicone contributes to this. So that it won’t absorb smells or colors when you’re stirring deep-hued ingredients.
- They are similar to rubber. When cooking with non-stick surfaces, this makes them extremely user-friendly. Silicone tongs cannot scratch or damage non-stick cookware the way that wooden or metal utensils can.
- The flexibility makes it as useful as the rubber spatula in scraping clean those cake batter off the mixing bowl.
- Silicone utensils are non-corrosive and hard-wearing. Food-grade silicone is very safe to use in any type of food. It does not react with food or beverages or produce any hazardous fumes. Unlike some metals which may corrode when exposed to certain acids in food.
- The silicone tongs are very safe and easy to use. Kids can easily handle these silicone tongs without any danger of hurting themselves while they’re cooking, baking, or grilling some delicious food!
- It’s more environmentally beneficial than plastic. Because plastics are less long-lasting than silicones, they are replaced more frequently, resulting in increased waste.
- It is oven and freezer-safe. Silicone utensils can withstand temperatures ranging from -22 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You will be able to use silicone tongs for a long time. They won’t rust or tarnish.
- They are easier on the hands when stirring food because silicone has no sharp edges that dig into your skin like metal does when cooking. Plus silicone doesn’t conduct heat as well either as compared to other materials such as aluminum or copper which makes it safer too!
- It is an excellent choice for someone who needs something strong but also flexible enough not to break if dropped on the floor while using these silicone tongs with silicone handles.
- They are non-stick, so they won’t scratch pots and pans or other cookware. silicone tongs have a silicone coating that prevents food from sticking to them even when you’re cooking over high heat for long periods!
- It’s easy to find a set that matches your kitchen decor. They come in a variety of colors, so you may select the perfect set for your space.
Safety Of Silicone Tongs
Silicone is a non-toxic material. It is not known to cause any adverse effects when used in contact with food. Silicone is also resistant to bacteria build-up, so it will not contaminate your food.
Generally, siloxanes (silicones) are well tolerated by the human organism. They are commonly regarded as non-toxic to humans and the environment, or toxic to a very small extent.
Silicone kitchen utensils are generally considered safer than metal utensils as they do not conduct heat as well. This means that you are less likely to get burned when using silicone tongs in hot oil.
Amidst so many benefits, the only disadvantage of a silicone tong is that it is difficult to pick up heavier things such as chicken legs from frying pans or soup pots.
LEARN MORE: The Best Carbon Steel Fry Pans, Best Tomato Slicer for Efficiency and Safety
Silicone is a versatile material that can be used in many different ways in the kitchen. Silicone tongs are safer than metal utensils because silicone doesn’t conduct heat as well; therefore you’re less likely to burn yourself. This makes silicone tongs a safe choice for use with hot oil.
They’re perfect for frying foods like chicken or fish. You can also use them to cook vegetables or other sides dishes. Try using silicone tongs next time you’re cooking with hot oil – you’ll love how easy they are to use.