Every grocery store is unique in its arrangement and has dedicated sections for every ingredient.
And pine nuts are not so hard to find in those arrangements as they are a common type of nuts. The only thing you have to know is, where are pine nuts in a grocery store? The answer is,
The baking aisle is the first spot you’ll want to check to see if you can find pine nuts. In most grocery stores, pine nuts are just next to walnuts and almonds – or indeed any other type of nuts. You can equally find pine nuts in the snack section on the shelves. Here, they’ll be next to the dried fruits and trail mixes. You can also check in the produce area and the spice aisle, as these are alternative areas to find pine nuts.
If you still can’t locate the pine nuts in the grocery store, this article below will help with all the information about where you can find pine nuts in-store or online.
Additionally, you will get some useful buying tips to get the best quality pine nuts. So, let’s give them a check.
Brand Suggestions for Pine Nuts
Pine nuts are well-known for making pesto. They make the structure for other ingredients to form. In addition, they are ideal as a salad topper.
Thus, they create a crunchy and creamy feeling. You can even use them for baking desserts such as cookies and shortbread.
Accordingly, you must buy from the best brands when shopping for foodstuffs. This is because there’s a thin line between unsafe and safe options for foodstuffs. Here are four reliable brand suggestions for pine nuts:
- Nature’s Eats Pine Nuts – this is a fully heart-healthy snack that is 100% natural.
- NOW Foods, Certified Organic Pine Nuts – it’s a great addition to snacks and recipes. It is also a great source of iron, protein, magnesium, and Thiamine.
- Diamond of California Pine Nuts – imagine fresh pine nuts from the farm and onto your table. Imagine no more as Diamond of California Pine Nuts is fresh non-GMO nuts for you and your loved ones. From their name, they emanate from California’s central valley. They are an ideal pick for cooking, snacking, baking, and as a topping to your favorite salads or desserts.
- Yupik Nuts California Roasted & Salted Pistachios – this promising source of fiber and protein is a crunchy, delicious, and wholesome snack. You need to roast it dry, salt it, and always keep it cool and dry.
You can expect to part with around $1.44 for an ounce of pine nuts when it comes to pricing. But this price will depend on the particular brand you choose to buy.
LEARN MORE: Where to Find Dates in Grocery Store?
Grocery Stores Near Me to Buy Pine Nuts
While there are so many places you could get pine nuts, you need to focus on the ones with a credible standing. So far, the following stores are ideal for shopping for pine nuts:
- Ethnic Markets: You may find pine nuts in the Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, and Latin markets.
- Publix: Here, you can quickly buy pine nuts in-store.
- Kroger: These stores have the best pine nuts brands for you to choose from.
- Trader Joe’s: If you’re a regular shopper at Trader Joe’s, you can check out their collection of pine nuts
- Safeway: This is yet another well-trusted store where you can get pine nuts.
- Local Health Food Stores: There are plenty of such food stores around your local health food stores. They are ideal points to find bulk pine nuts.
- Whole Foods: Inside Whole Foods, you can find plenty of options for pine nuts. They stock different brands regularly. You can also get prepackaged pine nuts in the baking and snack aisles.
- Walmart: There are many pine nuts brands available at Walmart.
Where to Buy Pine Nuts Online
Don’t worry if you loathe the long queues and have to walk around the grocery store in search of pine nuts. There’s a better way to do this, which is using online eCommerce sites.
They make shopping very convenient for customers. So, what are some of the avenues you can use to buy pine nuts online?
Amazon is an eCommerce site that you can trust any day. They have a huge stock of groceries and snacks, including pine nuts. You can find pine nuts quite quickly and easily through the Amazon search engine.
You can either opt for the tiny packaged brands or find vendors selling pine nuts in bulk. All this from the comfort of your home.
Another easy way to buy pine nuts from home is using Walmart. They offer in-store and online shopping for their customers, which is convenient for those who don’t fancy walking to the store.
In addition, you can get an in-store pickup, which will mean driving to the store but having your items brought to you outside. An in-store pickup is an appropriate option for those who are a bit skeptical about freshness. Those who would want their items fresh on arrival.
LEARN MORE: Where is Corn Starch In the Grocery Store?
Tips to Buy Pine Nuts
When purchasing pine nuts, there are standard tips that apply across – whether online or offline. Here are some of the tips that we put together for when you want to buy pine nuts:
- Check the packaging details or the information online. You must check all of the details about the packaging, either physically or online. This helps to ensure that all of the ingredients are in check with your needs/body.
- Buy from authority sites and stores. Yes, you can opt to buy pine nuts anywhere you wish. But stop and think about the safety of the products. Do they meet the safety standards you want? Do they even meet the quality you should get for pine nuts? If the answers to those questions are positive, then go for that pine nut.
Now that you’re aware of where pine nuts are in the grocery store, you are primed to go and get them on your next shopping trip.
If you prefer online, we also have you sorted. All in all, always refer to the tips that we’ve shared with you above. They’ll go a long way in making your shopping experience fruitful.