Velveeta is one of the most challenging products to find at the grocery store. It is often never placed next to other cheese products as one would imagine. Therefore, you might find yourself wandering the aisles of the grocery, wondering where is Velvetta in the grocery store.
You can find Velveeta cheese in the dairy & eggs section. However, you’ll not find it in the refrigerator because Velveeta doesn’t need refrigeration until opened. If you have no luck finding it in the diary section, try your luck at the dips & spread section of the grocery store. It’ll probably be kept near the jars of cheese spreads & salsas.
If you don’t find it there either, you might want to consider the rice & pasta aisle. Velveeta is often used to make mac & cheese. Therefore, it’s no surprise that it will be placed in the same section as other ingredients used to make mac & cheese.
If you don’t find it there either, hop on to know more about the best Velvetta brands and where you can find them.
What Is Velvetta and How Much It Cost?
Velveeta is the brand name for a kind of cheese that has a very smooth texture when melted. The name Velveeta is a nod to the “velvety smoothness” of the product once it melts. It has similar characteristics to American cheese.
Because Velveeta cheese cannot be refrigerated, it’s usually found on the shelf alongside other dry products. It has a long shelf-life of about 6 months since being processed with preservatives.
Kraft Heinz, the company behind Velveeta, advises against refrigeration as it can lead to a change in flavor. Additionally, refrigeration also causes crystals to form on the cheese, which changes the texture from smooth to mushy.
Velveeta comes in several different sizes; 32 ounces, 16 ounces, & 8 ounces. The smallest of these costs around $5, around $6 for the middle one, and $8 for the large one.
LEARN MORE: Where Is Coconut Cream in Grocery Store?
Best Velvetta Brand Suggestions
The Velveeta brand of cheese is pretty easy to spot. It comes in a bright yellow box with the word “Velveeta” boldly displayed on the front in red font. Below are six brands of Velveeta cheese that you are bound to find at the grocery store:
- Velveeta American Cheese Loaf, 5 pounds (Pack of 6)
- Velveeta American Cheese Mini Blocks, 12 ounces (Pack of 12)
- Velveeta American Shredded Cheese, 5 pounds’ pouch (Pack of 4)
- Velveeta Cheesy bowls, 9 ounces (Cheeseburger Mac N Cheese)
- Velveeta Shells & Cheese Microwavable Cheese & Shell Pasta Sauce (10 packs, 2.39 ounces per cup).
- Velveeta Sliced Cheese (120 slices) 5 pounds (Pack of 4)
Grocery Stores Near Me to Buy Velveeta
Velvetta is one of the most famous ingredients in different cheesy dishes across the country. And you can buy Velveeta at any one of the following stores across the country:
- Walmart: Walmart definitely stocks up on Velveeta cheese. You will probably find it in the dips & spread section of the store. If not, try the other section as discussed in this article.
- Kroger: All Kroger stores stock up on Velveeta cheese. They also have a website to check the prices before heading to the store quickly.
- Wegmans: Any & every Wegmans store will definitely have Velveeta cheese in stock.
- Publix: Publix also happens to stock up on Velveeta cheese. They have different versions too. You won’t have to look for too long to find Velveeta at their store.
- King Soopers: King Soopers always stocks Velveeta cheese. Since they also have a website, you can check the price before making your way to the physical store.
- Safeway: If there is a Safeway store around where you live, you can easily find Velveeta cheese there as well.
- Meijer: You can access different versions of Velveeta cheese at Meijer. For instance, you can easily find the Velveeta cheese slices or Velveeta cheese blocks at Meijer.
- Target: Target definitely stores Velveeta. Go down to Target & you just might be lucky to find it at a discount.
Other popular stores that sell Velveeta include:
All of these stores are sure to stock Velveeta cheese. Even local grocery stores near you should have Velveeta cheese. However, there’s no reason to panic if you don’t find it in your local grocery store. You can always order it online.
LEARN MORE: Where to Find Polenta in a Grocery Store?
Where To Buy Velveeta Online?
If you happen to live in an area where Velveeta cheese doesn’t supply, you are still in luck. Several online marketplaces stock the product & will be happy to send the product to you. All you have to do is visit their websites & make an order for Velveeta.
You can order Velveeta cheese in any one of the following online websites stores:
- Amazon: Amazon is a top-rated online trading platform offering various products. Just with a couple of clicks at the comfort of your home, you can order Velveeta cheese. Amazon will send it out & have it delivered right to your doorstep.
- ShopFoodEx.com: ShopFoodEx has been in operation since 2002. It has made a name for itself by delivering groceries & other household items. Velveeta happens to be one of the products that they can deliver too. It might be a little expensive compared to Amazon, but you can be assured of product quality.
- Vons: Vons usually stock up on Velveeta. Therefore, if you don’t want to head to their store, simply check their website. There is a wide variety of Velveeta to choose from. Simply select, pay, & wait for delivery.
- MyAmericanMarket.com: If you happen to live in Europe, this is an excellent online store where you can find Velveeta cheese. They have all varieties of Velveeta & you can be assured of quality & speedy delivery.
- Target: Target has an entire online shopping system dedicated to selling consumer products. Therefore, chances are high they do have Velveeta in stock too. Simply order through their website & enjoy convenient shipping straight to your doorstep.
Tips to Buy Velveeta
Now that you know where you can find Velveeta cheese, both online & in a physical store, here are a couple of tips you should keep in mind while buying Velveeta. They include:
- Price: Price is a very important factor when you are deciding on which Velveeta cheese to buy. At the moment, Velveeta produces six products in total. Therefore, the prices differ from one product to the next. You should go for a reasonable price whatever Velveeta you are buying.
- Platform: There are plenty of platforms to choose from. You can choose a physical store or an online store. Just know that there might be differences in terms of quality, shelf-life, etc. You want to make sure you use a popular platform as this means there is a steady supply of fresh Velveeta cheese.
- Manufacturer: Velveeta is mainly produced by KraftHeinz, Kraft US, & Kraft. Therefore, you can be assured that there is a fixed supply of Velveeta products. All Velveeta cheese products from these companies have excellent smell & flavor.
Locating Velveeta cheese in the grocery store can be challenging, especially if it’s your first time. Hopefully, this article has given you a little more insight into what Velveeta is, where is Velvetta in the grocery store, and how much it costs.
So now it’s time to go out and buy some Velveeta. We suggest heading to your nearest grocery store or checking out online retailers like Amazon for the best deals on this delicious cheese product.