Copper utensils and cookware are considered on the top-notch and fancy list. Only experienced chefs and home cooks might know their importance and the royal look they bring to their kitchen. But with fanciness comes mishaps.
You might burn a copper chef pan while cooking regardless of the expertise level. And, you might not know how to clean a burnt copper chef pan or restore its original state.
So, how to clean a burnt copper chef pan? Since it can be difficult for you to clean a burnt copper chef pan, we have some practical ways.
You can clean burnt copper chef pan by:
- Using a mix of lemon juice with baking soda
- Making a spray using salt and vinegar
- Using Ketchup
- Using a mixture of flour, vinegar, salt, etc.
Apart from these methods, there are some essentials you might need in all ways accumulatively to clean burnt copper chef pan. They are:
- Hot water
- Scrapping pad
- Liquid dishwashing soap
- A clean cloth
Cleaning Burnt Copper Chef Pan Using Lemon Juice and Baking Soda (Step by Step)
Whenever you have to clean a toughly burnt copper chef pan, this method always turns out to be the most effective. It has no side effects, can clean in minutes, and is convenient for everyone since you may have many ingredients at home.
Step 1: Make a thick paste out of Ingredients
- Take two tablespoons of baking soda and two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Put them in a bowl and mix them until they are a proper mixture of thick consistency.
Step 2: Apply the Mixture to Burnt Areas
- Take a scrub and apply the mixture to the bottom of the burnt copper chef pan.
- Scrub the burnt area until the black color fades away.
Step 3: Wash everything off
- Once the burnt black residue and color fade, you can wash the mixture with tap water.
- Then, wash the clean copper chef pan with regular dishwashing soap and dry.
LEARN MORE: How to Clean a Dirty Broiler Pan
Cleaning Burnt Copper Chef Pan Using Salt and Vinegar (Complete Process)
This method does not want the cleaning filth and scrubbing hard work for many of us. You can effectively clean the burnt copper chef pan with this mixture in no time and will start utilizing your pan again.
You can even use this mixture to clean other household items and places.
Step 1: Make a Spray out of the Ingredients
- Take a spare water bottle or any other bottle you are not using and fill it with vinegar.
- Then, add 3 tsp of salt into the bottle.
- Shake thoroughly.
- Close it with a spray top.
Step 2: Spray the Mixture on Burnt Copper Chef Pan
Once you are done making it, spray it on the affected area. Spread the mixture all over the pan using a cloth or scrub. Leave it for 4 to 5 minutes.
Step 3: Wash it off
- To ensure a good clean, you can give it a good rub before washing.
- Wash off the residues in a sink.
- Dry it using a towel and enjoy cooking in your freshly clean copper chef pan.
LEARN MORE: How to Season Ceramic Pan
Cleaning Burnt Copper Chef Pan Using Ketchup (A Natural Remedy)
Ketchup contains acids taken from tomatoes efficiently in cleaning and removing stains. Therefore, ketchup to clean burnt copper chef pan can be the most natural, effective, and cheap method to try at home. Here is how you can get back your clean copper chef pan:
- Apply the ketchup all over the burnt area.
- Leave it for 4-5 minutes.
- Scrub and rub it thoroughly.
- Again leave it for 4-5 minutes.
- Wash off the residues in a sink using a dish wash liquid.
- Pat dry the copper chef pan using a towel or cloth.
- And it is ready to use again.
How to Clean Burnt Copper Chef Pan Using Dish Wash Liquid and Hot Water (Step-By-Step)
We all commonly and probably have a liquid dish wash at our homes. And water, let’s not even say that you cannot have it. It is the cheapest, quickest, and most effective method you can use to clean a burnt copper chef pan.
Step 1: Boil your Pan
- Take your burnt copper chef pan and fill it with water to the top.
- Put your pan on a medium flame and bring water to a boil.
Step 2: Add Dish Wash
- When the water is perfectly boiled, add a good amount of dish soap to the water and mix.
- Leave it for about 5 to 7 minutes.
Step 3: Scrape and Wash
- After about 7 minutes, start scarping the residues using a knife or a scrapping pad with a gentle hand.
- Once you have scrapped all the residue, discard the water into the sink.
- Clean your pan with a cloth.
- Rewash it, assuming it is a regular utensil and how you wash them.
- Pat dry using a cloth or a towel. Voila! You are done.
LEARN MORE: French Skillet Vs Fry Pan
Using Cream of Tartar and Vinegar to clean the bottom of your burnt copper chef pan (Bonus Remedy)
Burning always starts from the bottom of the pan. To clean the bottom of the burnt copper chef pan using a tartar cream and vinegar mixture is one effective method. Here is how you can do it:
- Prepare a powdered tartar cream and vinegar mixture in a bowl and whisk them well to gain a thick consistency.
- Spread this mixture all over the bottom of the burnt copper chef pan.
- Leave it for 4-5 minutes.
- Give it a good rub and clean using a towel or clean cloth.
- Wash off the remaining residue, and it is ready to use.
- Always clean your pans after they have cooled down. Otherwise, you can break them.
- Where there is salt used in the method, try not to scrub very hard, and salt particles can give your pan scratches.
- You can always repeat the steps if you feel like the pan is not cleaned perfectly.
- Always wash with tap water before using the copper chef pan again.
LEARN MORE: Can Copper Chef Pans Go in the Oven?
And with this, we come to an end on methods to clean burnt copper chef pan. Mishaps happen everywhere, without any doubt. But, you can always take safety measures to decrease their probability.
Always try to cook on low-medium flame unless the high flame is not required. Moreover, go for cheaper options available at home rather than buying expensive cleaners from a store.
Please let us know if you have other cleaning methods in the comment section below.