If you’re looking for healthy cooking oil to use in your deep fryer, peanut oil is a great option! Peanut oil is high in monounsaturated fats and has a high smoke point, making it perfect for deep frying.
Can You Use Peanut Oil In A Deep Fryer? Peanut oil is an excellent choice for deep frying. It has a high smoke point and peanut flavor that helps bring out the flavor of your food. You should know that peanut allergies are common so make sure none of your guests are allergic to peanuts before using peanut oil in your deep fryer.
In this blog post, we will discuss the health benefits of peanut oil, how to use it in your deep fryer, and some dishes that you can make with it.
All About Peanut Oil
Peanut oil is a vegetable oil that is extracted from peanuts. It is high in monounsaturated fats, which are known to be healthy for the heart. Peanut oil also has a high smoke point, making it perfect for deep frying.
The peanut plant originated in South America, but it was later introduced to North America by Spanish explorers in the 16th century.
It is now grown around the world and peanut oil can be found in many kitchens as well as restaurant menus across America (and beyond!).
Nutrition Value of Peanut Oil
One tablespoon of peanut oil has 120 calories, 13g fat (of which only one gram is saturated), and no cholesterol or carbohydrates.
Health Benefits of Peanut Oil
The peanut plant has been cultivated for its oil since ancient times, but it wasn’t until recently that scientists discovered just how healthy peanut oil is for the body.
Here are some of the health benefits of peanut oil:
- Peanut oil is high in monounsaturated fats, which are known to be healthy for the heart.
- Peanut oil can help lower bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Peanut oil can help lower blood pressure and improve circulation, which reduces your risk for stroke or heart attack.
- Peanut oil can also relieve symptoms associated with arthritis thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties (peanuts are high in omega fatty acids).
- Peanut oil is a natural antioxidant, which can help protect your body from harmful free radicals.
Risks of Peanut Oil
- The only downside of peanut oil is that it can be allergenic for some people. Peanuts are one of the most common food allergens, so if you know someone who is allergic to peanuts, you may want to avoid using peanut oil in your deep fryer.
- Another downside is peanut oil can be expensive. However, the health benefits of peanut oil are worth the price tag.
LEARN MORE: Can I Use Sesame Oil Instead of Olive Oil?
Use of Peanut Oil in Deep Fryer
There are two ways you can use peanut oil in your deep fryer:
- You can fill up the basket of your deep fryer with peanut oil, which will allow you to cook multiple batches at once.
- Or, if you only want to cook one batch of food, just add peanut oil into a pan and heat over medium heat until it’s hot enough for frying.
- The peanut oil should be heated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degrees Celsius) before adding the food.
- Add food to the hot oil and cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Use peanut oil to fry French fries, fried chicken, and other deep-fried foods.
- Be sure to monitor the temperature of the peanut oil while frying; if it gets too hot, the peanut oil will start to smoke.
- Remove food from the peanut oil and drain it on a paper towel.
LEARN MORE: Can You Use Peanut Oil In Brownies?
Safety to Use Peanut Oil in a Deep Fryer
Some people might be concerned about the safety of peanut oil because it is a nut oil. However, peanut oil is one of the healthiest oils you can use.
It has a high smoke point, meaning it doesn’t burn as quickly as other oils and is less likely to produce harmful toxins when heated. Peanut oil also has a peanut flavor that brings out the flavor of your food.
Peanut oil is safe to use in a deep fryer. It has a high smoke point, meaning it doesn’t burn as quickly as other oils and is less likely to produce harmful toxins when heated.
Peanut oil also has a peanut flavor that brings out the flavor of your food.
LEARN MORE: Can You Use Peanut Oil For Baking?
Dishes to Make With Peanut Oil in Deep Fryer
There are many dishes that you can make with peanut oil, including;
- French fries and sweet potato fries
- Fried chicken or tempura veggies (deep-fried vegetables) like onion rings, broccoli, and zucchini
- Fried fish or shrimp
- Beignets (fried dough) and many more.
LEARN MORE: 10 Best Grapeseed Oils You Can Buy Online (2022)
Peanut oil is a healthy vegetable oil that is perfect for deep frying. It has a high smoke point and a peanut flavor that brings out the flavor of your food.
Peanut oil is safe to use in a deep fryer, and there are many dishes that you can make with it. You can use peanut oil in any type of deep fryer. It is a great choice for frying chicken, fish, and other foods.
Now that you know all about peanut oil and how to use it in a deep fryer, go ahead and give it a try! You will be amazed at the delicious flavors that it brings out.