Imagine that you’re making a quick and easy spaghetti dish for dinner, but you’re out of pasta sauce.
You do not have the time to go to the store and buy a jar of pre-made pasta sauce. And if you are thinking of adding your homemade pizza sauce to the pasta dish, then you have found a solution.
Pizza sauce is less seasoned than pasta sauce. You can use traditional pizza sauce in pasta by seasoning it with chopped onions, garlic, sauteed mushroom, and some pesto. And if you like the sweeter taste of pizza sauce then you can add it directly to your pasta.
Difference Between Pizza Sauce and Pasta Sauce
Pizza sauce is made with crushed tomatoes so it may have an unblended texture. On the other hand, pasta sauce has a smoother texture than pizza sauce.
Generally, the main ingredients of both sauces are the same: tomato base and seasonings. But pizza sauce contains tomato puree which is not common in pasta sauce.
Pasta sauces can have different ingredients such as ground beef or sausage depending on style and recipe.
The taste of both sauces is also almost similar but pizza sauce is a little bit sweeter because of the sugar that is added to it.
Pizza sauce and pasta sauce are not really that different from each other but there are some key factors that you should take into account when choosing which one to use.
LEARN MORE: Can You Use Pasta Sauce For Pizza?
Tips on Using Pizza Sauce for Pasta
Pizza sauce is typically thicker and more flavorful than most pasta sauces. So it is important to adjust the recipe accordingly for adding pizza sauce in pasta dishes.
Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your pizza sauce when preparing pasta:
- Be sure to thin out the sauce. Pizza sauce is usually quite thick, so you’ll need to add some water, broth, or tomato juice to it before using it as a pasta sauce.
- Add other flavorful ingredients. Since pizza sauce can be on the bland side, be sure to add plenty of other flavorful ingredients to your dishes, like garlic, onion, herbs, and Parmesan cheese.
- Choose a hearty pasta. Pizza sauce goes best with hearty pasta like penne, rigatoni, or shells.
- Watch the cooking time. Pizza sauce can burn easily, so be sure to keep an eye on your pasta while it’s cooking.
LEARN MORE: Can Deli Meat Be Frozen?
Recipe of Making Pizza Sauce for Pasta
We all know the flavor of traditional marinara sauce on top of fresh-baked pizza bread.
But what about the taste of pasta that is made with pizza sauce? This flavor may be unfamiliar to many. Here is a recipe of pizza sauce that you can use in your pasta:
- You’ll need to dice an onion, chop a few cloves of garlic, and heat a saucepot on the stove.
- Pour some olive oil into the pot and put the onion in there. Cook the onion until it is a little brown around the edges.
- Then, add the garlic and cook it for about a minute more, until it is soft.
- After that, add a pinch of chili flakes to your sauce as well.
- Now, add your pizza sauce to the pot and stir it around a little bit. After it comes to a boil, turn the heat back down to a simmer so it doesn’t burn.
- When the onion and garlic are added to the sauce, it won’t take long for the flavors to come together. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
- At this point, cut some basil leaves and drop them into the pot.
- Give it a good stir and add salt and pepper if it needs it.
LEARN MORE: Can Cooked Bacon Be Left Out?
Different Types of Pasta That Use Pizza Sauce
Pasta is a versatile dish that has a variety of types and can be made with a variety of different sauces. Pizza sauce is one option for pasta sauce, and it can be used on many different types of pasta.
Pizza Sauce on Penne Pasta
Penne pasta is a type of pasta that pairs well with pizza sauce. The tube-shaped noodles are perfect for catching all of the flavorful sauce.
Pizza sauce also goes well with penne pasta because the sauce can cling to the ridges of the noodles.
To use pizza sauce with penne pasta, you just need to cook the pasta in the traditional way.
And then add the desired amount of pizza sauce to the pasta and stir until the sauce is evenly distributed. Serve immediately.
Pizza Sauce on Spaghetti
Spaghetti is another type of pasta that goes well with pizza sauce. The long, thin noodles are perfect for twirling around your fork and soaking up all of the deliciousness of the sauce.
The sauce is thicker than traditional pasta sauce, which makes it perfect for twirling around your fork.
Pizza sauce is also a little bit sweeter than most pasta sauces, providing a delicious contrast to salty noodles.
Pizza Sauce With Ravioli
You can also use pizza sauce for ravioli pasta. Either you can add it in the traditional way or you can try some new dish.
For example, you can have toasted ravioli with bread crumbs and enjoy it with pizza sauce.
Pizza Sauce With Lasagna
Lasagna would be great with pizza sauce in it. You just need to simmer it for a while to get rid of some water, add some Italian seasonings, and make it taste good.
LEARN MORE: Can You Use Spaghetti Sauce for Pizza?
Pizza sauce can be used as a condiment for pasta. It has a slightly different flavor than traditional pasta sauce, but it’s still a great way to add some extra flavor to your dish.
If you’re looking for a new and interesting way to enjoy pasta, give one of these recipes a try! You may just find your new favorite dish.