Share the post "How to Make Velveeta Mac and Cheese in the Microwave (With Easy Steps)"
If you are a regular user of instant mac and cheese meals, you must come across Velveeta mac and cheese many a time. Or, you have already used one.
Velveeta Mac & Cheese is similar to macaroni and cheese, but it includes small shell pasta instead of macaroni and creamy Velveeta cheese sauce instead of a powdered cheese mix.
Let’s say you’re in a hurry and don’t have a lot of time to cook dinner. You can easily make the crowd-pleaser Velveeta mac and cheese in the microwave. It only takes a few minutes, and it’s a relatively easy dish to make.
Can You Make Make Velveeta Mac and Cheese in the Microwave?
Yes, you can make Velveeta mac and cheese in the microwave. It is a quick and easy way to cook this dish.
This mac and cheese come in a large package that you cook on the stovetop, or in a single-serve microwave version that you can cook in the microwave. You can also cook bother the packages in the microwave.
How to Make Velveeta Mac and Cheese in the Microwave
You can find multiple methods and recipes for cooking Velveeta mac and cheese in the microwave. We have reviewed different methods and from our analysis, we have found some simple steps to cook the packaged Velveta Mac and cheese:
Cooking the Family-sized Package in the Microwave
The Velveeta mac and cheese package has the instructions for microwave cooking. The box directions recommend cooking the dish for five minutes on high, but we found that six minutes produces a creamier result.
- Start by spraying a large microwave-safe bowl with cooking spray.
- Add the Velveeta pasta and stir in one cup of water.
- Microwave on high for six minutes, stirring every two minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add the cheese mix given with the package.
- Once the cheese is fully melted, stir in a half cup of milk and serve.
Cooking the Single Served Package in the Microwave
- If you are looking to make a single serving of Velveeta Mac and cheese, we recommend using a mug or ramekin.
- Mix together Velveeta pasta and cheese mix with one tablespoon of water.
- Microwave on high for one minute, stirring every 15 seconds.
- Stir in a half tablespoon of milk and serve.
LEARN MORE: How to Microwave Taco Bell Wrappers? (Explained With Process)
Tips for Cooking Velveeta Mac and Cheese in the Microwave
If you’re looking for an easy way to make Velveeta mac and cheese, the microwave is the way to go. Here are a few tips for cooking it up:
- The time needed to cook Velveeta mac and cheese in the microwave will vary depending on the size and power of your microwave. Usually, it will not take more than 5 minutes if you use 100% power.
- It is also important to use a microwave-safe dish when cooking Velveeta mac and cheese in the microwave.
- It’s important to stir Velveeta mac and cheese every few minutes while it’s cooking, or else it will become dry or rubbery.
- Add milk after Velveeta mac and cheese is fully melted for a creamier dish.
- The Velveeta mac and cheese will be hot when it comes out of the microwave, so be careful not to burn yourself.
Alternative Way of Cooking Velveeta Mac and Cheese Other Than Microwaving
If you are not a regular user of electronic cooking appliances like microwaves, you can also make this cheesiest packaged mac and cheese on the stovetop.
- This process is easier as you can make this in one pot. In a pot take water and bring up to a simmer on high heat.
- Then add a pound of medium size Velveeta macaroni.
- Keep for eight minutes and bring it up to a boil.
- Drain the pasta and add the cheese mix with some seasoning of your desire.
- Stir for some time until it becomes thick and cheesy enough according to your preference.
LEARN MORE: Can You Put Your Cooling Rack in the Oven?
So there you have it, a quick and easy way to make Velveeta mac and cheese in the microwave. This dish is sure to be a hit with family and friends, so don’t hesitate to give it a try.
And who knows, maybe you’ll even find yourself craving it on a regular basis. You can also try your own version of Velveeta mac and cheese by adding different toppings or mix-ins. So go ahead and experiment to find what you like best. Bon appetite!