Yes, sour cream can be added with cabbage rolls. You can make a sour cream sauce that goes perfectly fine with the cabbage rolls. It’s a pairing that really enhances the flavor of the dish. You can find many variations in recipes for cabbage rolls with sour cream.
Adding sour cream with cabbage rolls has benefits also. It gives a creamy richness to the dish. It also helps to thicken the sauce. Additionally, it aids in the digestion of starch-rich foods.
How to Add Sour Cream With Cabbage Rolls?
When it comes to adding sour cream to your cabbage rolls, there are a few different ways you can do it:
- Before cooking the cabbage rolls, stir some sour cream into the sauce you will be using. This will help to thicken the sauce and add flavor.
- If you are baking your cabbage rolls, you can also add a dollop of sour cream to the top of each roll. This will give them a creamy and delicious topping.
- Another option is to mix some sour cream with some of the broth from the cabbage rolls after they have been cooked. This will create a delicious dipping sauce for your rolls.
- Also, don’t forget that you can use sour cream as a garnish for your finished cabbage rolls. You have to sprinkle a little after your cabbage rolls are prepared.
Which of these methods is best for you will depend on your own preferences and the recipe you are using.
No matter which way you choose to add the sour cream, it is sure to enhance the flavor and texture of your cabbage rolls.
LEARN MORE: Can You Use Uncooked Rice in Cabbage Rolls?
Recipe for Cabbage Rolls With Sour Cream Sauce
Cabbage rolls are a delicious dish that can be made with different fillings and sauces. Sour cream is a popular sauce to have with cabbage rolls, but there are many other options as well.
Here is a recipe from GroupRecipes.com for cabbage rolls with sour cream sauce:
- 2 cups cooked ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 egg well beaten
- 6 large cabbage leaves
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat up a heavy skillet over low heat, and brown the meat and onion until they’re done. When they’re done, remove them from the skillet and mix in celery, rice, and egg.
- For 3 minutes, cook the cabbage leaves in boiling water with a little salt.
- Place the meat mix on the cabbage leaves.
- When you roll the dough up, use toothpicks to hold it in place as you do.
- Close together in a greased baking dish.
- Pour tomato puree over the cabbage rolls.
- Cover and bake for about 30 minutes, then take it out and let it cool.
- Remove the cabbage leaves.
- Pour sour cream into the liquid that is left in the baking dish.
- Serve on top of cabbage rolls.
LEARN MORE: Can You Use Red Cabbage for Cabbage Rolls?
Other Sauces to Have With Cabbage Rolls
There are many different sauces you can have with cabbage rolls. Sour cream is a popular choice, but there are many other options as well.
Here are a few recipes for different sauces to try with your next batch of cabbage rolls:
- Sour Cream and Onion Sauce: This sauce is made by combining sour cream, onion powder, and garlic powder. It is a simple and easy sauce to make, and it goes well with both meat and vegetarian cabbage rolls.
- Tomato Sauce: Tomato sauce is a classic choice for pairing with cabbage rolls. It is simple to make and goes well with both meat and vegetable versions of the dish.
- BBQ Sauce: BBQ sauce adds a bit of sweetness and smokiness to the dish. It is a great choice for those who want a slightly different flavor profile than what traditional tomato sauce provides.
- Sour Cream and Bacon Sauce: This sauce is made by combining sour cream, bacon, and green onions. It is a decadent option that adds a lot of flavor to the dish.
These are just a few of the many different sauces that you can try with cabbage rolls. Experiment and find what combinations you like best.
LEARN MORE: Does Banana Cake Need Butter? (& 4 Tips…)
Cabbage rolls are a delicious dish that can be made with different meats and sauces. One common question is whether or not to add sour cream as part of the sauce.
There are a few different ways to add sour cream to cabbage rolls, and each recipe will have its own unique flavor.
Sour cream can also be used as a dip for the rolls, or as part of a side dish. No matter how you choose to use it, sour cream is a great addition to this classic dish.